Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seen anyone passing signature sheets for the next board election yet?

Quote Originally Posted by NEBF View Post
    How does a person go about inspecting signature sheets?
    Ackerman said there was an online link, but I can't find it. Maybe he can post.

The easiest way to toss signatures is to see if:

1. They live in the district (d41 in this case)
    2. Are they a registered voter in the district.

[Edit: found the link!]

https://www.dupageco.org/Election/59230/
    Last edited by DTM; 12-19-2018 at 09:41 AM. Reason: found it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rath View Post
    Does signing a candidate petition more than once disqualify the signatures only or the whole sheet? I noticed some duplicate signatures....
    I used to notice things on the D41 parents facebook page until someone kicked me off, without being adult enough to tell me or respond to my emails to him. And, I thought he was a friend.

That being said, again, to my knowledge, duplicate signatures would only disqualify the signature in question, not the whole sheet. I'm not an attorney and the election commission doesn't give, as they say, legal advice. So they won't answer the question. But, in the case of Jessica Buttimer, if you disqualified everything that I considered questionable, she still had much more than 50 signatures. I'm going to assume that all the people on sheets that she was the circulator on are actual d41 residents. That being said, she had [a name] on 2 pages of hers, but with different forms of her name. Page 5, line 3 and page 9, line 4. It probably was done on different days, but I don't get the different forms of her name.
    Last edited by admin; 12-20-2018 at 09:13 AM. Reason: removed the name - really not necessary here

Wade Kennedy's Statement of Candidacy says, "Cook county". I hope he knows D41 resides entirely in Dupage county....

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    Ackerman said there was an online link, but I can't find it. Maybe he can post.

The easiest way to toss signatures is to see if:

1. They live in the district (d41 in this case)
    2. Are they a registered voter in the district.

[Edit: found the link!]

https://www.dupageco.org/Election/59230/
    After you click on the link, you scroll down to the d41 listings. You click on any candidates name and everything that they filed with the election commission will come up. This does not include the financial disclosure form filed with the clerk's office.

This is the first time that signature pages have been this accessible. Previously, you had to go to the election commission and file a request to view them.

The financial forms are questions about the candidates potential financial conflicts. In the last election cycle there were issues with Mr. DeFabio's form. Despite his working for D 41, he answered N/A on all questions, which may have been part of his decision to withdraw from the board and withdraw his candidacy. Once he did this, there was no reason to pursue any penalties for filing a false statement.

To see if someone is a registered voter in the district, one would need a file of registered voters. I believe that you need to be an elected official to get such a file. I have to fill out an affidavit signed by a notary to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    Wade Kennedy's Statement of Candidacy says, "Cook county". I hope he knows D41 resides entirely in Dupage county....
    What would Arte Johnson say?

Sounds like an inquiry is needed.

I talked with someone that is a wealth of info on matters like this and he thought this wasn't a disqualifying infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    The message of accountability from the incumbents? Why don't you pay attention?

I listen the board meetings that I don't attend. I heard some intelligent, well thought out comments last night on the levy and have heard similarly well thought out comments since both Clark and Buchholz got on the board. You've been well represented by 4 board members. Two are running for reelection. Clark and Buchholz well deserve reelection. Case closed. We know that they are concerned about all-the students, the parents and the stakeholders.

My thoughts on Buttimer have been documented on here. While Love is in the bag for her, I'm sure, she should be nowhere near any public board. She thinks that we are here to throw every last penny at the district.

Very simply put, I would recommend voting for 2 only, Buchholz and Clark.

I'll assume that 2 of the 5 new candidates will withdraw. Any one want to wager that Buttimer won't be one of those two?

By the way, I found her signature sheets interesting. Two of them should be disqualified as 'Dupage' isn't the name of a village or town. And, the deception of one circulator, REDACTED Isn't that a crime to use a name other than your legal(as on the voter records) name before a notary? Shows a definite lack of integrity. Shocking. She has cost the district thousands in legal fees with her game of hating on Buchholz and Clark. Ridiculous. And, she is wound around Buttimer and at least one other candidate.

Also, Buttimer is behind some closed group d 411 webpage where she can spew her BS to her echo chamber. If she had any guts she would open up her group.
    The name of the circulator listed on page 15, Elizabeth SMITH, is the maiden name of Elizabeth (Liz) JONES. I have had that confirmed by people that know her and if you go to whitepages.com, you can see the info easily yourself. This Ms. SMITH also did a couple pages for another candidate.

What I can't verify is what is on her ID that she used to get her sheets notarized. Maybe her ID says SMITH. She is listed on the election voter listings as JONES. That is a fact that I can verify. At the very least, the FACT that a person well known by the district by one name, the name she votes with, and uses a different name to solicit signatures for candidates, is extremely disingenuous. Why she would bother to do this, is anyone's guess. It is a ruse on the community.
    Last edited by Clamato; 12-31-2018 at 10:27 AM. Reason: I have changed the names of the private citizen referenced to the fictitious names "SMITH" and "JONES".

People referenced can be found here:

https://www.dupageco.org/uploadedFil...20Buttimer.pdf

FWIW, this Smith/Jones is still engaged in proceedings with Lisa Madigan's office, costing us $$$ thousands in legal fees in her vendetta against the board, specifically Clark-Buchholz. This, while involved in that PTA cabal. Personally, because of her attempted litigation vs the district, I think she loses her private citizen status. But, anyone that opens the link and goes to page 15 will see Smith's maiden name. A question for the admin here, how do you feel about posting screen shots of actual FOIA results, which would show amounts spent by the district and the litigant's name? I won't post it if you aren't ok with it.

From the Gordon on the run thread, it is worth repeating and not forgetting.

"WARNING TO ALL OF YOU: The company of Buttimer and Sury (no timeouts here: I can mention them because they both had made themselves public and are in the minutes...right moderator???) clearly have big plans. Be very afraid when they run their people for the board. These are the people spearheading the "Save Paul Gordon" campaign (those buttons are a nice touch ). They are the SAME people who were outraged during public comment that the board wasn't going to max the levy. Apparently a $5.4 million dollar surplus is not enough. Their sentiment is that retired community members who can't afford their taxes should move out of town.

Last edited by innovator; 09-21-2018 at 01:43 PM. "