Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by innovator View Post
    Typical Union. We should all be worried about a Superintendent that the Union thinks is the greatest. Why are they emailing Union members who aren't D41 teachers? Trying to bulk up their numbers tonight. Bob Bruno is the big Union guy. I wonder what hand he has in all of this?

Also the D41 Union didn't put this to a vote. The leaders just decided to start the rally and involve other districts. Do Unions typically call on people from other districts to help with a cause when they haven't even asked their own membership how they feel about it?
    Don't forget, in the follow up to my successful lawsuit against Gordon and D 41, Gordon exonerated all of those union members involved, most importantly Christina Kellam, the most involved in passing political emails, and IIRC, the current heads of GEEA. For that alone, along with causing the lawsuit, he should be sent packing.

Having Gordon, the chief enforcement officer for D41, look the other way, and then defend illegal (and only exposed by judicial order) D41 Union activity while the Union works both behind the scenes and publicly to keep him installed as their titular figurehead of a boss is indefensible.

Is there anywhere a single voice in the community that supports this incredible collapse in objectivity and greed begot of the unbridled power of the Teachers' Union - Glen Ellyn's (and Illinois) wealthiest, most dominant and powerful political organization?
    Last edited by jombl; 10-15-2018 at 10:38 AM.

District 41 teachers rally behind superintendent (link) — Daily Herald

"Glen Ellyn District 41 teachers and parents staged a rally Monday night to push for a contract extension for Superintendent Paul Gordon and to protest the school board's public silence on the fate of their top administrator.

More than 100 demonstrators gathered outside district offices before a school board meeting in a show of support for Gordon, who has less than a year remaining on his contract. Leaders of the Glen Ellyn teachers union organized the hourlong rally along with parents and the Illinois Education Association.

Gordon's supporters marched along north Main Street and carried signs proclaiming "This teacher wants transparency" and "Sign or Search." After the rally ended, teachers and parents packed the board meeting and gave Gordon a standing ovation when he arrived.

School board President Stephanie Clark acknowledged that confidential negotiations about the renewal of Gordon's contract have taken place behind closed doors since last spring. His contract..."

I drove by about 6:20. There weren't 50, let alone 100 people there. Maybe it grew, but I smell a bloated number by GEEA. And, I've learned, when GEEA or Gordon talk, Kaitlyn Smith of the DH prints it. This whole thing is a combo or out of district union people, some GEEA-maybe not residents, and those that can't stand Clark-Buchholz. Most probably have no idea about the lawsuit or his shenanigans during the ref.

Those that support Clark-Buchholz-Currie-D'Ambrosio need to contact them in any form and let them know that they do support them. I give the 4 a lot of credit for enduring all this crap. Gordon is dead man walking and we all know it. He needs to stop looking at districts much larger than D41 for future employment. If he doesn't, he may find July 1 with plenty of free time on his hands.

Also, the headline is misleading. I don't remember seeing any attribution in the article displaying 'widespread' support. Could be teachers union members from anywhere and parents.