Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: meters down town

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Lupechennel's Avatar

meters down town

I know i'm a little asleep at the switch here, but did anyone notice the notes or signs for the new way meters are policed?

Didn't see the note, but I'm crossing my fingers you're going to tell us it's a new "enforcer"?

Lovely Rita!

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Is this the new "customer only" parking hours?

Funny guys! 👍. No I just had it explained to me. It's the businesses and train parking (I believe) . Huge misunderstanding. Not affecting customers / residents. Hours changed and the staff's hours (readers). Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupechennel View Post
    Funny guys! ��. No I just had it explained to me. It's the businesses and train parking (I believe) . Huge misunderstanding. Not affecting customers / residents. Hours changed and the staff's hours (readers). Carry on.
    Workers in downtown GE CBD were not allowed to park on streets from 8am to 6pm M-Sat, new ordinance is now 8am to 9pm M-Sun...or something like that.

correct but actually its 7 days a week

Quote Originally Posted by Lupechennel View Post
    correct but actually its 7 days a week
    ...hence why I typed "M-Sun"

I was going to post this yesterday, but it is so horribly written and completely confusing...I didn't, but now I will just to mock it.

From the Patch...

"Shoppers in Glen Ellyn's business district will now be able to park along the streets for a longer period of time, now that the village has extended its consumer-only parking hours. The change was made after Glen Ellyn officials received feedback from residents who suggested there should be more parking options in the central business district, specifically in the evening and on weekends.

As a result, village officials changed the parking ordinance, which previously permitted customer-only parking on Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The newly amended ordinance permits customer parking in the business district seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m."

Amazing how bad this is...this change does not give customers more parking options, customers have always been able to park seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. From the Patch...which rhymes with trash.

Thanks Cliche! I'm glad someone else knew about this.

So now that Glen Ellyn has two meter maids and is ticketing almost around the clock...here is the results we will start to see...good PR GE!!!

Tweet from Howard Sudbury, 2,100 plus followers...

"Had early evening meal at restaurant we go to weekly. Park in public lot as always. this time #officerfriendly gave ticket on Sat. Night. Guess #glenellyn needs $$. Not their fault but last time at restaurant.Who gives tickets on Sat. nights? #boycottglenellyn"

https://twitter.com/HowardSudberry/s...37345731379200

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Who gives tickets on Sat. nights?
    It's always been a little frustrating to me that meter enforcement hours aren't posted in the lot or on the meters.

Quote Originally Posted by NEBF View Post
    It's always been a little frustrating to me that meter enforcement hours aren't posted in the lot or on the meters.
    I'd be curious what lot he parked in. The Main St. lot does actually have hours posted at the entrance, which show meters until 6pm on Saturdays. I was in that lot, around that time, and actually said hello to the officer writing a ticket.

Since he's claiming to go "weekly" to the same place on a Saturday night, I'd have to guess ATM or Fire & Wine as most likely, possibly Maize & Mash or Santa Fe. So probably Main Street, but possibly the lot behind the fire station. Either way, he comes across as kind of a cheap blowhard. Here is a place you enjoy so much that you dine there weekly, and you finally get burned on a parking violation and can't just accept the blame, possibly go appeal the ticket.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Bry's Avatar
    you don't think Sudsy is a Toda Madre fan?