Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hijacking in Glen Ellyn XI

Quote Originally Posted by GESince1958 View Post
    What's with that toxic air outside tonight? The fog is making it worse. It isn't a diesel train engine, as it is everywhere, so. of Roosevelt too. Smells like a refinery, and literally, might be toxic if you breathe it long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    A dedicated day time shelter is a good idea,
    But that would require a Special Use Permit. And that would be crazy talk around here...........

Quote Originally Posted by GESince1958 View Post
    What's with that toxic air outside tonight? The fog is making it worse. It isn't a diesel train engine, as it is everywhere, so. of Roosevelt too. Smells like a refinery, and literally, might be toxic if you breathe it long enough.
    A few weeks ago it was cigarettes. I was driving north on Naperville Road on the evening commute and all of a sudden my car smelled like smokes. Opened the window and it was worse. Smelled like that all evening outside.

I imagine it was just an inversion layer with little wind. But why a cigarette smell? And why now a refinery? This is Glen Ellyn! It ought to smell like fine wine and fireplaces.

Quote Originally Posted by middlein87 View Post
    A few weeks ago it was cigarettes. I was driving north on Naperville Road on the evening commute and all of a sudden my car smelled like smokes. Opened the window and it was worse. Smelled like that all evening outside.

I imagine it was just an inversion layer with little wind. But why a cigarette smell? And why now a refinery? This is Glen Ellyn! It ought to smell like fine wine and fireplaces.
    There were a couple of fires the week of thanksgiving when I was there that made Wheaton smell like an ashtray....maybe that was it?

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Merry Christmas Everyone.

Especially this guy -------------> Cliché <------------- right here! The package you left on my doorstep is fan freakin tastic!

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Merry Christmas Everyone.

Especially this guy -------------> Cliché <------------- right here! The package you left on my doorstep is fan freakin tastic!
    brown-bag-poop-1308917665.jpg

I believe the children are our future.

Dr. Karmazin, who plans to open a business selling young blood, says patients who’ve had it say they feel amazing, and he says he’s seen evidence of reversing the aging process in rats.

“Their brains are younger, their hearts. Their hair, if it was gray, it turns dark again,” he said.

There has also been encouraging Alzheimer’s research using young blood at Stanford University.

“We found that it was safe and feasible to administer infusions of young plasma weekly,” Dr. Sharon Shaw, an Alzheimer’s researcher at Stanford, said.

Dr. Shaw is a researcher who says they have seen evidence of improvement in functional ability.

“It’s all very exciting that there can be components in blood that can be healing,” Dr. Shaw said.

Platelet-rich plasma, or PRP, treatments using a patient’s own blood have been in demand as trendy “vampire facials” to fight wrinkles, and as joint and tissue treatments to accelerate healing.

“It looks very positive,” Dr. Khorasani said.
    If this makes me lose fat without exercising, every teenager in the neighborhood better start running like hell when they see me coming.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by middlein87 View Post
    I believe the children are our future.

If this makes me lose fat without exercising, every teenager in the neighborhood better start running like hell when they see me coming.
    Just call you Nosferatu

Phew.

Santa Tracker Unaffected By Government Shutdown, NORAD Says (link)

"Amidst the partial government shutdown, at least one critical service remains operational: NORAD's Santa tracker.

Despite gridlock in Washington, more than 1500 military personnel and volunteers in an air force base in Colorado will be hard at work Christmas Eve, tracking Santa Claus and answering children's calls."

Trump’s shut down won’t run in this old fashioned family Christmas

http://youtu.be/dCoOcBv01aA

Hijacking in Glen Ellyn XI

Even a 3 year old can regret overconsumption at Christmas.

https://youtu.be/pulZ3jgLM6o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is "I got a Peloton for Christmas" the new "I got a Big Green Egg for Christmas"? Northface jackets for the entire family was such a simpler time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Is "I got a Peloton for Christmas" the new "I got a Big Green Egg for Christmas"? Northface jackets for the entire family was such a simpler time.
    I believe it is, especially for GEM's.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I believe it is, especially for GEM's.
    Related but unrelated...two Thursdays ago I was at Main Street having a beer with two gentlemen, it was pleasantly busy...then I started to notice groups of 3-4 35-45 year old men start to show, about 9:15pm, within 30 minutes there were maybe 60 and they were crowding out the place, in between tables, etc. I asked our server if she knew if it was a reunion or something, and she replied, "No, it the GEDs...they come in every Thursday night, around 90 of them." Anyone heard of this group, are a member?" It was new to me...but I don't often go to Main Street because their food sucks. (Can I say "sucks" on this "new" site post 1.2?)

Back in the day, thursday night was DEN (Dad's exercise night, basically open gym basketball) at Lincoln. Ben Franklin had one too. Afterwards we would re hydrate at Tap House.....