Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Hijacking in Glen Ellyn XI

BROAD ALERT*

"Romaine lettuce is unsafe to eat in any form, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Tuesday in a broad alert in response to a new outbreak of illnesses caused by a particularly dangerous type of E. coli contamination.

The CDC told consumers to throw away any romaine lettuce they may already have purchased. Restaurants should not serve it, stores should not sell it, and people should not buy it, no matter where or when the lettuce was grown. It doesn't matter if it is chopped, whole head or part of a mix. All romaine should be avoided.

The CDC alert, issued just two days before Americans sit down for their Thanksgiving dinners, reported that 32 people in 11 states have become sick from eating contaminated romaine. Of those, 13 have been hospitalized, with one patient suffering from a form of kidney failure. No deaths have been reported.

The origin of the outbreak is unknown and remains under investigation. The CDC did not limit the warning to romaine from any particular agricultural area."

* (I think there is a joke there)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Salads will kill you. Eat meat

Quote Originally Posted by middlein87 View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Salads will kill you. Eat meat
    How do you feel about deep fries testicles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    How do you feel about deep fries testicles?
    Just heard of this today, this is nuts too...

Tofurky (link)

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Just heard of this today, this is nuts too...

Tofurky (link)
    I get my veggies by eating animals that eat vegetables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BROAD ALERT*

"Romaine lettuce is unsafe to eat in any form, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Tuesday in a broad alert in response to a new outbreak of illnesses caused by a particularly dangerous type of E. coli contamination.

The CDC told consumers to throw away any romaine lettuce they may already have purchased. Restaurants should not serve it, stores should not sell it, and people should not buy it, no matter where or when the lettuce was grown. It doesn't matter if it is chopped, whole head or part of a mix. All romaine should be avoided.

The CDC alert, issued just two days before Americans sit down for their Thanksgiving dinners, reported that 32 people in 11 states have become sick from eating contaminated romaine. Of those, 13 have been hospitalized, with one patient suffering from a form of kidney failure. No deaths have been reported.

The origin of the outbreak is unknown and remains under investigation. The CDC did not limit the warning to romaine from any particular agricultural area."

* (I think there is a joke there)
    Update, for “fake news” believers, eat the romaine, just fine

The U.S. Postal Service said it will suspend regular mail delivery Wednesday out of respect for President H.W. Bush.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Bry's Avatar
    question to beard people: How do you not go out of your freakin mind when trying to grow a beard? I gave it 12 days and damn near pulled out a belt sander to itch my face. Does the itchiness ever stop or do you put up with the insane annoyance?

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    question to beard people: How do you not go out of your freakin mind when trying to grow a beard? I gave it 12 days and damn near pulled out a belt sander to itch my face. Does the itchiness ever stop or do you put up with the insane annoyance?
    The itchiness goes away. Eventually. Except on the neck, which I strongly recommend shaving frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    12 days isn't enough to get used to it. It has to "settle in" so to speak. Give it maybe 20 days at least, and start trimming the oddball mutant hairs every couple days, and then trim off the ends of all of it every 5-10 days. That also helps it settle. I've had a beard now for 3 years. Hides the wrinkles.

For a village so focused on improving the downtown and parking and commerce, when will we see a solution for the countless of visible, very visible homeless people parked throughout the community during the day time hours? This is not a new problem, yesterday I counted 8 people parked on benches near the library, in Einsteins, across from the the Glen and next to Citibank. These people need a solution already, they have for 20 years...the village can't provide a warming/gathering facility for daytime use while these souls linger between sleeping arrangements? Walking with clients yesterday who had never visited Glen Ellyn, they pointed it out to me...I've become immune I guess. We can hire valets for restaurants to provide free parking to the lazy, we can hire another community officer to write more tickets, but we can't find a solution for these people in need?

For a village so focused on improving the downtown and parking and commerce, when will we see a solution for the countless of visible, very visible homeless people parked throughout the community during the day time hours? This is not a new problem, yesterday I counted 8 people parked on benches near the library, in Einsteins, across from the the Glen and next to Citibank. These people need a solution already, they have for 20 years...the village can't provide a warming/gathering facility for daytime use while these souls linger between sleeping arrangements? Walking with clients yesterday who had never visited Glen Ellyn, they pointed it out to me...I've become immune I guess. We can hire valets for restaurants to provide free parking to the lazy, we can hire another community officer to write more tickets, but we can't find a solution for these people in need?
    To the PM'er, your anonymity is safe, you are correct, what was I thinking...Einstein's and the Library ARE THE SOLUTION. I humbly stand corrected and yield.

To the PM'er, your anonymity is safe, you are correct, what was I thinking...Einstein's and the Library ARE THE SOLUTION. I humbly stand corrected and yield.
    Perhaps these transients are part of the Glen Ellyn charm people keep talking about. You know like Otis in Mayberry, that rummy rascal.

But seriously, this has been an ongoing issue in GE for as long as I've lived in this area. Most are harmless folks, but occasionally the more dangerous element comes to town. PADS supposedly will not admit folks who appear intoxicated, I've always wondered what those do once they are turned away? A dedicated day time shelter is a good idea, but I'm sure there is also a lot of downside too.

In the last year, I've seen a large increase of these transients in the Wheaton CBD, some rather aggressive in their pursuit of unearned income. One thing I will say, Hots & Cots are a nice solution to keep these folks from the elements, but it does not seem to be improving their lot in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Most are harmless folks, but occasionally the more dangerous element comes to town.
    For the record, I'm restricting my comments to the need not the needy, as to not to confuse the issue at hand...which is an eyesore...

What's with that toxic air outside tonight? The fog is making it worse. It isn't a diesel train engine, as it is everywhere, so. of Roosevelt too. Smells like a refinery, and literally, might be toxic if you breathe it long enough.