Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hijacking in Glen Ellyn XI

Ruth Bader Ginsburg was asked during the Supreme Court confirmation why her 57 direct hires as a federal appellate judge included zero African Americans:

In the 13 years since you went on the bench in 1980, you've not had a single black law clerk to my knowledge ... out of 57 such employees that you have hired. Even though your court sits in the middle of a majority black city, Washington, D.C. Now, some, if they took the broad language of Abner Mikva in that case, might call that a "manifest imbalance."

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah)

I do want to say that I have tried -- And I am going to try harder, and if you confirm me for this job, my attractiveness to black candidates is going to improve. ”

Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    An extortionate response; but true to her word, RBG did hire one African American over the last quarter century and now estimated 200 career hires.
    Last edited by jombl; 10-10-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    Ruth Bader Ginsburg was asked during the Supreme Court confirmation why her 57 direct hires as a federal appellate judge included zero African Americans:

An extortionate response; but true to her word, RBG did hire one African American over the last quarter century and now estimated 200 career hires.
    Having read your posts for years, you are complimenting RGB correct? Or maybe you're just be obtuse.