Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hijacking in Glen Ellyn XI

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    I am curious about one thing, Casper.

Back in the day, was it the color of his skin that made you judge his politics? Or was it his politics that made you judge him by the color of his skin?

And what, if anything, could he have done to escape being viewed through the prism that is the color of his skin by you?
    My off the cuff comment was probably ill-advised. My intention was only to make the partisan jab that that the most conservative-friendly "family values" and "personal responsibility" advocate among the African American public figures of the time turned out the be the sexual predator. Just playing off the correlation between "holier than thou-ism" and "secret-double-life-ism"

Mattress Firm closing 700 stores and filing chapter 11. Are we going to lose another one of our beloved 73 mattress stores in GE?

I love Banksy.

Getting out of glen ellyn today is like getting out of alcatraz.

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Getting out of glen ellyn today is like getting out of alcatraz.
    I've had days when it has taken me 30 plus minutes to make it out...been a crazy and frustrating couple months...I guess the firm doing the Park Ave. project has been absolutely awful to work with, and IDOT on Roosevelt has bee equally difficult and non-responsive. Other day I was driving West on Roosevelt, which was only one lane with the right lane barricaded, and went to turn onto Main St, slowed for the turn and had to hit the brakes and veer back to my left...there were 8 cars turning left from the Southbound lane. IDOT had set up the barricades wrong and Main St. had accidentally become one-way. I had to back up, wait for the light to turn, wait for the 8 cars to clear the lane and then proceeded. When I got two blocks away, I pulled over and called the GEPD non-emergency line to report...woman listens to me that I almost just crashed head-on into traffic that is in the wrong lane, and calmly says, that is a Public Works problem, let me transfer you...Public Works answers and I again explain the dangerous situation, and I am told that is an IDOT problem, with the suggestion that I have to call them. The whole thing can't end soon enough.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    ...I am told that is an IDOT problem, with the suggestion that I have to call them...
    This kind of thing really annoys me. I understand that it's IDOT's problem to correct. However, you as the concerned citizen shouldn't have to triage the root cause, find the responsible party, and track them down.

Quote Originally Posted by NEBF View Post
    This kind of thing really annoys me. I understand that it's IDOT's problem to correct. However, you as the concerned citizen shouldn't have to triage the root cause, find the responsible party, and track them down.
    It infuriated me. Still does. True story, 3 days later which was Sunday night, returning from Midway at 11:30pm I was telling my passenger the story as we approached the same intersection...and as I said, "OK, watch as I make the turn..." and may God strike me dead, the car in front of me couldn't figure where the right turn was and turned right onto southbound Main into the Northbound lane. So three days later, it is still a danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    I guess the firm doing the Park Ave. project has been absolutely awful to work with...
    They need to be banned from ever doing business in Glen Ellyn every again. Just awful.

Trivia question: Who has hired more black federal court law clerks?

• Ruth Bader Ginsburg (Justice on Supreme Court for 1/4 century, federal judge for 1/2 century)
    • ... or Brett M. Kavanaugh on his first day at work just counting his Supreme Court hires ?

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class GESince1958's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    This needs to become a real game. Any programmers in here?

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    Trivia question: Who has hired more black federal court law clerks?

• Ruth Bader Ginsburg (Justice on Supreme Court for 1/4 century, federal judge for 1/2 century)
    • ... or Brett M. Kavanaugh on his first day at work just counting his Supreme Court hires ?
    I'm going to guess the Notorious RBG

Quote Originally Posted by Casper Milquetoast View Post
    I'm guessing Beer Goggle Brett...and Clarence Thomas will stop by with a personalized case of Coke to welcome them.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper Milquetoast View Post

Ruth Bader Ginsburg's near half century total African American hires: 1

They are tied - if you handicap Kavanaugh by counting only yesterday vs RBG's 40 year total federal court hires.

Notorious indeed.
    Last edited by jombl; 10-10-2018 at 04:26 AM.