Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Hijacking in Glen Ellyn XI

File this one in the "I knew it!" file.

Men with beards carry more germs than dogs.

Sorry, Perplexed! And sad - it looks good on you.

On the basis of these findings, dogs can be considered as clean compared with bearded men

Professor Andreas Gutzeit

Offering up ten pound bags of onions, regardless of the variety, has always struck me as an odd way to raise funds for a charity.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Offering up ten pound bags of onions, regardless of the variety, has always struck me as an odd way to raise funds for a charity.
    The mission of Kiwanis is to help children. All children love Shrek, Shrek says Onions have layers and Ogres have layers. Although cake would be better, everyone loves cake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZpcwKEIRCI

Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    The mission of Kiwanis is to help children. All children love Shrek, Shrek says Onions have layers and Ogres have layers. Although cake would be better, everyone loves cake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZpcwKEIRCI
    Cake would be best. Portillo's Chocolate or Lemon cake. While readily available, much like Vidalia onions, the allure and appeal are much higher. See if you can work on that, Perp.

I mention one charity, and your eldest child simultaneously texts me about another one. Can barely run my own.

Well, now that Clam is fit and trim, I can't make reference to him in South Carolina stories like this one. Does anyone know if Michael is fat?

A toxic microbe lurks on the SC coast. Older fat men should worry most

Columbia

Aging fat men who fish or swim on the coast this summer should be aware that a nasty microbe lurks in the water, looking for out-of-shape guys to infect with potentially lethal toxins.

The microbe, called vibrio, has grown more prevalent in brackish coastal waters during the past 20 years as the earth’s climate has changed, exposing swimmers and fishermen to its unpleasant effects.

I mention one charity, and your eldest child simultaneously texts me about another one. Can barely run my own.
    Maybe she follows the GEF...

F this thing . . .
    People who find an insect they think may be a kissing bug should place it unsquashed in a container and take it to their local health department or university for identification, and then thoroughly clean the area where it was found with a solution that includes one part bleach to nine parts water.
    Nope Nope Nope... I'm calling in middlein87!

That's an interesting infestation map. They seem to be avoiding West Virginia and New Jersey.

And who can blame them, really?

More Build That Wall fodder. Terrified of white men these days. And I am including myself.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-in...172008520.html

Why would one need 5 free pairs of glasses from Warby Parker?

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Why would one need 5 free pairs of glasses from Warby Parker?
    It’s for “home try on”. You get five pairs with fake lenses to try them on at home, then you send them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenly Ellynby View Post
    It’s for “home try on”. You get five pairs with fake lenses to try them on at home, then you send them back.
    Ah!?! Don't tell me you did that?!.! And if you say "yes," and you've done EverlyWell too, well, shoot, no more Xmas mixes for you GlElynby!
    Last edited by Cliché; 05-10-2019 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Ah!?! Don't tell me you did that?!.! And if you say "yes," and you've done EverlyWell too, well, shoot, no more Xmas mixes for you GlElynby!
    Son of an optometrist with a dusty shelf of five-year-old out-of-style frames? Online glasses sales are the way to go.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    I think on line glasses might be ok for single vision, uncomplicated prescriptions.

I have not great eyes, and for me, the help of optician was so helpful in getting not just suitable frames, but the right lenses for my prescription (ultrathin, multifocal lenses, with a big difference between the two eyes). And three times over about 15 years the glasses came in with incorrect prescriptions and in each case the optician caught the error and returned the glasses for correction before I even came in. I'm also fortunate in having a good optometrist for the initial prescription.

That said, my optometrist recommended getting my contacts on line, so I guess it depends on prescription and product.

I think it's good to have both options.