Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 166 to 171 of 171

Thread: Hijacking in Glen Ellyn XI

  1. #166
    Forum All Star Yossarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,153
    Another Darwin Award winner. Looks like it happened by Ottos.

    We jumped over to Villa Park around 8:05.

  2. #167
    Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Bry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    GE
    Posts
    699
    Quite the headline by the Patch for a fallen police office:

    https://patch.com/illinois/barringto...w-creek-friday

    Obviously, the moron writing this headline is gonna be late to work that day. Assclown.

  3. #168
    Forum Demi-god Cliché's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Quite the headline by the Patch for a fallen police office:

    https://patch.com/illinois/barringto...w-creek-friday

    Obviously, the moron writing this headline is gonna be late to work that day. Assclown.
    Disgustingly insensitive. Patch is not journalism, it’s like an Uber newsroom, they write from home, and “write” is a loose term. The GE patch writer rewords other source reporting.

    Super sad story on that Trooper, read about him, served his country and was an all around good guy.

  4. #169
    Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Bry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    GE
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Disgustingly insensitive. Patch is not journalism, it’s like an Uber newsroom, they write from home, and “write” is a loose term. The GE patch writer rewords other source reporting.

    Super sad story on that Trooper, read about him, served his country and was an all around good guy.
    let's all email the writer of the article (too bad to this person if they did not write the headline, it is on their story) and point out what an insensitive POS they are.

    amie.schaenzer@patch.com

  5. #170
    Forum Demi-god Cliché's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    let's all email the writer of the article (too bad to this person if they did not write the headline, it is on their story) and point out what an insensitive POS they are.

    amie.schaenzer@patch.com
    Done.

  6. #171
    Forum Demi-god Cliché's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Quite the headline by the Patch for a fallen police office:

    https://patch.com/illinois/barringto...w-creek-friday

    Obviously, the moron writing this headline is gonna be late to work that day. Assclown.
    So, sheepishly I have to say, she was correct. Bad choice of words? Yes. But she nailed it. I got stuck at North Ave and Swift, police had all 355 southbound entrances closed, and because of the backups the intersections were blocked and you couldn’t get to northbound. I got on at Army Trail and saw an amazing single file procession of police vehicles with lights on in a steady stream for miles, continuous until Biesterfield, along the way, ladder trucks with American flags draped across southbound lanes, dozens of Northbound vehicles pulled to center shoulder, drivers out of cars standing in respect, hands over hearts...one of thee most touching things I’ve ever witnessed. I’ll post pics tomorrow. Probably on local news tonight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •