Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Hijacking in Glen Ellyn XI

Quote Originally Posted by GESince1958 View Post
    What's with that toxic air outside tonight? The fog is making it worse. It isn't a diesel train engine, as it is everywhere, so. of Roosevelt too. Smells like a refinery, and literally, might be toxic if you breathe it long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    A dedicated day time shelter is a good idea,
    But that would require a Special Use Permit. And that would be crazy talk around here...........

Quote Originally Posted by GESince1958 View Post
    What's with that toxic air outside tonight? The fog is making it worse. It isn't a diesel train engine, as it is everywhere, so. of Roosevelt too. Smells like a refinery, and literally, might be toxic if you breathe it long enough.
    A few weeks ago it was cigarettes. I was driving north on Naperville Road on the evening commute and all of a sudden my car smelled like smokes. Opened the window and it was worse. Smelled like that all evening outside.

I imagine it was just an inversion layer with little wind. But why a cigarette smell? And why now a refinery? This is Glen Ellyn! It ought to smell like fine wine and fireplaces.

Quote Originally Posted by middlein87 View Post
    A few weeks ago it was cigarettes. I was driving north on Naperville Road on the evening commute and all of a sudden my car smelled like smokes. Opened the window and it was worse. Smelled like that all evening outside.

I imagine it was just an inversion layer with little wind. But why a cigarette smell? And why now a refinery? This is Glen Ellyn! It ought to smell like fine wine and fireplaces.
    There were a couple of fires the week of thanksgiving when I was there that made Wheaton smell like an ashtray....maybe that was it?