Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 171

Thread: Hijacking in Glen Ellyn XI

  1. #151
    Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Bry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    GE
    Posts
    699
    I will definitely have to check that out. We just got Britbox. Love the older british shows like Monty, The Saint, etc...

  2. #152
    Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Bry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    GE
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Lombard EMTs
    Gotcha. I was focused on the dead body and didn't see the details on the ambulance. Something I didn't expect seeing on a casual drive home in GE/Lombard.

  3. #153
    Forum Demi-god Cliché's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    I believe the GEPD twittered out a chart showing that 95%+/- break in's last year were on unlocked cars.
    If they tweeted that, it is incorrect. I couldn't find such a tweet or graphic online. The actual numbers are in 2017, 91% of the cars broken into were unlocked, whereas in 2018, the percentage dropped to 79% of the cars broken into were unlocked. In addition, the number of break-ins dropped from 104 in 2017 to 48 in 2018.*

    * Source: https://wbbm780.radio.com/articles/g...r-2018-decline

  4. #154
    Forum Demi-god Cliché's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Gotcha. I was focused on the dead body and didn't see the details on the ambulance. Something I didn't expect seeing on a casual drive home in GE/Lombard.
    I knew this wasn't possible, because nothing bad happens in Glen Ellyn.

  5. #155
    Forum All Star Yossarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    I knew this wasn't possible, because nothing bad happens in Glen Ellyn.
    Wrong! Big, ugly buildings are a real danger!

  6. #156
    Forum Demi-god Cliché's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Wrong! Big, ugly buildings are a real danger!
    I stand corrected.

  7. #157
    Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Bry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    GE
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    If they tweeted that, it is incorrect. I couldn't find such a tweet or graphic online. The actual numbers are in 2017, 91% of the cars broken into were unlocked, whereas in 2018, the percentage dropped to 79% of the cars broken into were unlocked. In addition, the number of break-ins dropped from 104 in 2017 to 48 in 2018.*

    * Source: https://wbbm780.radio.com/articles/g...r-2018-decline
    I believe the village tweetied it.

    https://twitter.com/VillageofGE/stat...71590962974720

  8. #158
    Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Bry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    GE
    Posts
    699
    Here is a village tweetie with a photo I believe was taken by our own GEsince58 without giving him credit... (I could be wrong, but I could be right.)

    https://twitter.com/VillageofGE/stat...47120600248322

  9. #159
    Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Bry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    GE
    Posts
    699
    Another one from the village. 89% freaking percent of people that had their cars broken into left them unlocked. Staggering.

    https://twitter.com/VillageofGE/stat...45219047149568

  10. #160
    Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Bry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    GE
    Posts
    699
    I really love that you can say ASSCLOWN here.

  11. #161
    Forum Demi-god Cliché's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Another one from the village. 89% freaking percent of people that had their cars broken into left them unlocked. Staggering.

    https://twitter.com/VillageofGE/stat...45219047149568
    Thanks, that is a 2017 stat although the Deputy Chief quoted today said it was 91%. 2018 was 79%, still a lot of people not locking their cars regardless. That said, I know MANY people that don't lock their houses.

  12. #162
    Acolyte Jester Country Watchhog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Illinoise
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    I really love that you can say ASSCLOWN here.
    You know, clowns have feelings too. Some people have last names that people make fun of you know.

    Doesn't make it right.

    #clownshavefeelingstoo

  13. #163
    Forum Demi-god Cliché's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,081
    Good thread, fun read, if you are sitting on the couch tonight with your iPad in hand, or lap...

    "In honor of the 20th anniversary of The Sopranos, I’m handing out Soprano nicknames today. Who wants one? FYI if you tell me your first name, this is way easier for me."

    https://twitter.com/hbo/status/1083425916540211203?s=12

  14. #164
    Forum All Star GESince1958's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Glen Ellyn
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Here is a village tweetie with a photo I believe was taken by our own GEsince58 without giving him credit... (I could be wrong, but I could be right.)

    https://twitter.com/VillageofGE/stat...47120600248322
    Good photo, but I did not take that shot, AFAIK.

    Couple of mine...

    Last edited by GESince1958; 01-10-2019 at 09:24 PM.

  15. #165
    Forum Demi-god Cliché's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,081
    Big delays on West line this morning due to a freight/pedestrian encounter in Lombard

    https://apple.news/AQXTXXOWyR66b3f_3sMoYfg
    Last edited by Cliché; 01-17-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •