Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Two Hound

The same gentleman who owned the former Glen Ellyn Brewing Company (the current Fire and Wine restaurant)

Wait. Ryan is buying Two Hound In The Red?

So let's say TH never opens. What is the Village out thus far? $15K, $30K, or both? Rereading the "news" story looks like 15K so far for sprinkler systems and maybe $30K once the work is completed to opening. Am I reading it right?

Optimistically, the owner, or new owners will get this work complete, open up, and begin the revenue stream for them, and the Village.

there was working going on in there yesterday. It seems like it will open as something.

A friend who is the brew master for a relatively large local beer company was inside last week and said the tanks are in and ready, and the kitchen is done.

Thinking it will be soon . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ish.

Now that I hear the original dope who brought this place to town is out of the picture, I hope they $ucceed in a ridiculous way.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Article from January 26, 2016

Microbrewery eyes former Schmid store in Glen Ellyn (link)

"The former Schmid Gifts and More store in downtown Glen Ellyn may soon house a microbrewery and restaurant.

Jon With, who owns Gammon Coach House in Batavia, wants to open a microbrewery and restaurant in the former 6,200-square-foot store at 486 Pennsylvania Ave. Schmid was a pharmacy and then a gift store before it closed in 2011 after a 44-year history in the village.

With said he hopes to close on the property in April and open the microbrewery and restaurant by mid-September (2016).
    I know we're all anxiously awaiting a new place to grab a pint. This article worth noting again. Like a fine wine, perfection takes time. Like years....

With a new TH owner involved, does the deal with the Village $ contributions still stand, or is that a dead issue?

According to their Facebook page, 2HR setup a booth at the Glenbard West Boosters "West Fest" recently and showed off a food item that they will be offering with their still TBD opening (Whipped Ricotta with Orange and Honey finishes and Micro Greens on grilled bread). To my knowledge, this is the first real public showing of the location's future offering.

Seems like a positive step toward something coming to fruition soon.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGE View Post
    According to their Facebook page, 2HR setup a booth at the Glenbard West Boosters "West Fest" recently and showed off a food item that they will be offering with their still TBD opening (Whipped Ricotta with Orange and Honey finishes and Micro Greens on grilled bread). To my knowledge, this is the first real public showing of the location's future offering.

Seems like a positive step toward something coming to fruition soon.
    We have enjoyed that exact same dish at fire + wine for years. It's good. Try it!

Ricotta + Honeycomb
    whipped ricotta / evoo / toast / sea salt / wild honeycomb
    $11.00

Not that John With is out of the picture, I wonder if they are still going with the "farm to table" thing. Or like the new steakhouse, will they be using "sustainably sourced ingredients." Either way, I wish them well.

Saw on Twitter they are starting to hire staff.

Guessing their thought is that staff will need 7-8 months of training.

Opening Day set!

Article is here:

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    Opening Day set!

Article is here:

April Fools!!! Ah, DTM, you fell for it. Good times.