Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Two Hound

Ha! Didn't click on the link till after. Hilarious!

Forum Demi-god
    Vinny Gambini : How many fingers am I holding up?
    [Mrs. Riley is squinting, trying to see the fingers]
    Judge Chamberlain Haller : Let the record know that the counsler is holding up 2 fingers.
    Vinny Gambini : [Annoyed] Hey, your honor please, huh?
    Judge Chamberlain Haller : Oh, sorry.
    Vinny Gambini : Now. Mrs. Riley, and only Mrs. Riley.
    Last edited by Cliché; 04-01-2019 at 02:30 PM.

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spring 2019 has one month remaining, think they will make a May opening?

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Spring 2019 has one month remaining, think they will make a May opening?
    well, they started brewing beer in late February per their social media account, so that first batch would be ready now. I drove by over the weekend and the front windows were open and it looked like they were cleaning the place.

Forum Demi-god

they indicated that they will have a booth at the Taste and have beers to try.

Hope they train the people running the booth how to answer the same question over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Hope they train the people running the booth how to answer the same question over and over again.
    Where are they selling the Barone's slices?

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    Not the question that I had in mind . . . . . . but a good one nonetheless.

Got a quick tour of the facility, they have done a really nice job fixing up the space. They had four beers available, I tried a couple. They were OK, nothing that would separate them from the pack.

Checked the place out as well. The beers were good. I preferred the IPA. The place is renovated very nicely reusing a lot of the existing materials of the building into the space. Looks like a good place to watch a game and have a beer. Still no opening date set yet as they are dealing with the never ending saga of the GE inspector. They "hope" for the end of June.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGE View Post
    Checked the place out as well. The beers were good. I preferred the IPA. The place is renovated very nicely reusing a lot of the existing materials of the building into the space. Looks like a good place to watch a game and have a beer. Still no opening date set yet as they are dealing with the never ending saga of the GE inspector. They "hope" for the end of June.
    Given the history of the proprietors, I would not fall for that "never ending saga of the GE inspector" line. If'n you think GE isn't chomping at the bit to get this place open after an unbelievably ridiculous and never ending saga of a build out, you're likely mistaken. I can almost guarantee you that the village has whatever inspector that is needed to sign off on this place available 24/7. As much as I hate being a homer, I have personal experience with this group and I was not all that impressed.

My neighbors are fixtures at TBC and drink a ton of beer. Both went. Gave relatively high marks for the lager, which is odd as they rarely drink them (I do as I hate hoppy stuff), and were not thrilled with the IPA. To each his own, I guess.

Given the history of the proprietors, I would not fall for that "never ending saga of the GE inspector" line. If'n you think GE isn't chomping at the bit to get this place open after an unbelievably ridiculous and never ending saga of a build out, you're likely mistaken. I can almost guarantee you that the village has whatever inspector that is needed to sign off on this place available 24/7. As much as I hate being a homer, I have personal experience with this group and I was not all that impressed.

My neighbors are fixtures at TBC and drink a ton of beer. Both went. Gave relatively high marks for the lager, which is odd as they rarely drink them (I do as I hate hoppy stuff), and were not thrilled with the IPA. To each his own, I guess.
    Noted and I will defer to those in the know. The message I reported below was from the owners mouth. Always two sides to every story and it has to be obvious that the stop/start build out of this place over the past nearly 3 years is NOT the fault of delayed inspections. I did, however, have the exact same conversation with the owners of Nobel House about their experience with the GE inspector the night of their opening. Hope this one gets across the finish line soon.