Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A nice story...

Race mongering is a business that generates easy wealth, no news there.

An Entire Senior Class Aces Picture Day By Hilariously Dressing Up For Their IDs (link)

Each year, the graduating class at North Farmington High School in the suburbs of Detroit dresses up on picture day. For most students in the school, the photos taken on this day appear in both the yearbook and on their student IDs.

But because the graduating class takes separate senior portraits for the yearbook, these lucky teens get to be way more creative with their IDs.

Nice story with a local angle...

Glen Ellyn boy shares bond with Anthony Rizzo over baseball, cancer (link) Daily Herald

Benjamin Burke is looking more and more like his mom, and he's happy to see a resemblance. He used to have straight hair like his two younger brothers. He now has a thick mane of "chemo curls" resembling his mom's ringlets. "I'm kind of happy that I lost my hair because now it's curly like you," he tells her Friday afternoon in their Glen Ellyn home. "So now I'm like you."

The sweet comment makes his mom smile. But Jennie Burke also knows his hair makes people think her son is a thriving 9-year-old boy. What they don't see is the port in his chest administering chemotherapy in addition to the oral drugs his mom gives him daily as part of his treatment for leukemia.

Mother and son also have an ally in their cause: Benjamin's buddy, cancer survivor and Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo. "For us, he's not a celebrity," Burke said. "He's just this nice guy who cares about Benjamin and happens to also be an incredible person on the field."

But the fourth-grader at Ben Franklin Elementary will..."