Thread: Hetlet's 2018 Hitters

Forum Hall of Famer

Hetlet's 2018 Hitters

West supposed to have a good team this year, again.
    Glenbard West's improved defense — Suburban Life

"A year ago, the Hilltoppers managed to overcome a young defense to post a 9-2 record, but lost to Oswego in a Class 8A second-round playoff game. With seven starters back on a defense that held four opponents to under double digits..."

#64 looks like an absolute STUD. Must be good genetics.

Forum Hall of Famer
    Guess I should update this thread, West lost to the defending State Champions, Maine South the first week and have gone on to post back-to-back shut outs and were up 31-0 over York last night before finishing up at 45-24 for their third victory, now 3-1 on the season.

Forum Hall of Famer
    In a game that started last night and ended this morning, Hitters over Hinsdale Central 21-7. Hitters are now 6-1 on the season.

Forum Hall of Famer
    Hitters fall to OFRF, 10-7. Even game, penalties killed West, inside 20 numerous times and no points, OPRF never within 20 on a drive, long TD run and long FG. Offensive play calling was done by Kayne West I believe.

Forum Regular
    Wondered why only about 100 of 2,400 student body shows up for big conference football game on a beautiful Sat....
    Thought it was lame. Couldn’t believe the band skipped out after half time show. Left a huge chunk of the stadium seats empty.
    Maybe GBW football fans and students are bored with winning so much. Hopefully voters aren’t next month haha. Couldn’t help myself.

Forum Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful View Post
    Wondered why only about 100 of 2,400 student body shows up for big conference football game on a beautiful Sat....
    They would show up if it were a night game, majority of students prefer the night games, conference versus non-conference matters none to majority of the students and at the conclusion of the game, the majority of the students can't tell you what the score was.

Forum Hall of Famer
    Last time Oak Park River Forest won a football in Glen Ellyn was 1998. Fitting, since the day's offensive playbook was a throw-back from that era.

Quote Originally Posted by Grateful View Post
    Couldn’t believe the band skipped out after half time show. Left a huge chunk of the stadium seats empty.
    I have a kid in the band. They have to leave after halftime - they turn their uniforms back in and (I believe) have a recap meeting. They could come back, but you wouldn't see them until over half way into the 4th quarter.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    They would show up if it were a night game, majority of students prefer the night games, conference versus non-conference matters none to majority of the students and at the conclusion of the game, the majority of the students can't tell you what the score was.
    Agreed. Friday night’s in the fall are made for HS football. Never gonna happen though at GBW.
    I think the it would be a super hot ticket for students and locals - then head out post game for beverages.

Forum Hall of Famer
    Going into week 9...

IHSA 8A playoff projections (guestimates), Hinsdale Central the #10 seed and hosting Waubonsie Valley in the first round. OPRF #17 and on the road at Plainfield South. Glenbard West #18 and on the road at Bartlett.

Possible second-round matchups if both the Huskies and Hitters advance. OPRF would probably face Lincoln-Way East and Glenbard West likely Brother Rice. Lincoln-Way East is #1 and Rice #2. OPRF and Glenbard West would host those games.

Slight, slight possibility that GW and HC could have a rematch in the quarterfinals - if both win their first two games.