Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Taylor Ave Underpass

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Pedestrians are now safe to move about this town from North to South and vice versa. That is a good thing.
    how many pedestrians died/injured going thru the previous tunnel?

At around 3:30, northboumd traffic was jammed up as the light failed to change. The boy learned a few new words while we waited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Boy View Post
    At around 3:30, northboumd traffic was jammed up as the light failed to change. The boy learned a few new words while we waited.
    my teen (soon to be driver) asked me to teach him how to drive so he doesn't get yelled at like the people I yell at....

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    how many pedestrians died/injured going thru the previous tunnel?
    I'm not aware of any, but this certainly makes it easier to navigate under the tracks with a pet, stroller, etc. I'm sure some pedestrians in this category avoided the underpass to prevent a hassle.

Did someone from Glen Ellyn suggest this?
    https://encyclopedia.thefreedictiona...nelling+shield

Was the 1st person pulled all the way up to the line. The sensors would trip it, but you need to be pulled up all the way to the line basically.

Southbound Taylor . . . . kind of an odd view of the underpass/tunnel combo. The opening of underpass at a certain angle cannot be seen, but but the lights of the ped tunnel shine brightly. I wonder if and when the first vision impaired driver will see the bright tunnel entrance and try to drive through it. Guessing they'd bounce off the curb and nothing but the suspension of the car would be hurt, but it is an odd illusion.

Forum Demi-god
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    I wonder if and when the first vision impaired driver will see the bright tunnel entrance and try to drive through it.
    Or first impaired. Not out of the question when you consider how many drivers have plowed over a wall into a trough.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Lupechennel's Avatar
    Was the 1st person pulled all the way up to the line. The sensors would trip it, but you need to be pulled up all the way to the line basically.
    Going southbound to Walnut - The white line and the temp sign are far apart. I wonder if this is true or if they are going move it? I've been stopped at both - white line and where it indicated by sign. It did trigger both times. Most people I observed are just sitting at that white line.

Yep. The lead car was where it was supposed to be. After a bit he started rolling back and forth in attempt to trigger it. Nothing. Seems to be working ok now tho.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Lupechennel's Avatar
    My niece had told me years back that magnets propel/signal lights. I wonder if true in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupechennel View Post
    My niece had told me years back that magnets propel/signal lights. I wonder if true in this area.
    Induction from a loop/sensor buried under the pavement, sensing a mass of metal above/near it. If cars become all plastic, it wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Southbound Taylor . . . it is an odd illusion.
    I noticed this as well and had similar thoughts about an inevitable driver error. Hopefully the ped tunnel is not as bright once the permanent lights are installed.

Also @Lupechennel I think they have aligned the southbound stop bar and sign.
    Last edited by NEBF; 01-11-2019 at 07:45 AM. Reason: added a response

I don' think the pedestrian tunnel is lit-up enough at night, can definately use some brighter lights.

I don' think the pedestrian tunnel is lit-up enough at night, can definately use some brighter lights.
    Some of our transient residents prefer it that way so they can catch sleep before the PAD's facility opens.