Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Taylor Ave Underpass

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Some of our transient residents prefer it that way so they can catch sleep before the PAD's facility opens.
    ugh. Many times at the Elmurst metra underpass I have seen homeless debris/remnants. Even the parking garage was bad. I remember walking up the stairs in their parking garage only to have to step over a passed out person who had obviously soiled themselves....

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Boy View Post
    I don' think the pedestrian tunnel is lit-up enough at night, can definately use some brighter lights.
    Perhaps they dim the lights later in the evening, but they're very bright when I'm heading home from work around 7pm.

Forum Regular
    I don' think the pedestrian tunnel is lit-up enough at night, can definately use some brighter lights.
    I thinks some of us missed your sarcasm. Drove through other night at about 10pm and it was lit up like Hollywood. Could see it a mile away. First Memorial Field...now this.

Quote Originally Posted by innovator View Post
    I thinks some of us missed your sarcasm. Drove through other night at about 10pm and it was lit up like Hollywood. Could see it a mile away. First Memorial Field...now this.

But, but, but... Memorial Field's lights only shine directly downward and can't possibly cause light pollution or glare anywhere but onto the field they illuminate. They promised us this would be the case at a couple of those early meetings prior to construction.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GESince1958 View Post
    But, but, but... Memorial Field's lights only shine directly downward and can't possibly cause light pollution or glare anywhere but onto the field they illuminate. They promised us this would be the case at a couple of those early meetings prior to construction.

It's a beautiful as the North Star lighting up the sky!

Someone needs to create a montage of your photos of controversial Glen Ellyn landscapes. Giesche's is my fave.

Perhaps some new banners in downtown. "Glen Ellyn -- the town of Controversy"

Yeah, it was sarcasm. The corner houses are really lit up with the spillover. It’s aweful.

Forum Regular
    Yeah, it was sarcasm. The corner houses are really lit up with the spillover. Itís aweful.
    I got it

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GESince1958 View Post
    Perhaps some new banners in downtown. "Glen Ellyn -- the town of Controversy"
    this