Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complaint about Costa Howard possible state election campaign violations

Complaint about Costa Howard possible state election campaign violations

Last edited by ackerman; 06-27-2018 at 02:20 PM.

I guess the day has come when the forum gets to start wading into this election race. I'm going to keep a tight leash on this one. So far I've deleted two posts by GEMan, one for an unsubstantiated claim against Breen being behind the article referenced by Ackerman. The second was just a posting of a photo of Terra Howard. While there's nothing wrong with the photo, it was just a complete non-sequitur to this thread. Censoring non-sequiturs at this forum seems pretty laughable - it is pretty much fueled by them - but I think all can agree that this race is going to get silly on here and I'd rather nip as much of it in the bud as possible. So........behave yourselves if at all possible.

I also gave an infraction to Ackerman for an attempted outing. A user ban awaits you next time.

Have a nice day!

She better start raising some real money - or this is going to be a bloodbath.

It sounds like Terra Howard would run a more honest race if she just changed her party affiliation to "Personal Pac, Inc." and wore her Master's uniform openly.
    Last edited by Clamato; 06-28-2018 at 01:28 PM. Reason: If it was from the DH, throw it back up . . . I couldn't find it.

Jombl - if you read the letters on the election site, that’s not quite a fair critique.

I read the letter from noted Illinois local government attorneys Ancel Glink openly supporting the Democratic politician.

It seemed ridiculous to assert that the money that was spent to support Howard, and legally declared by the donor, never legally should have been declared and did not support Howard.

Gotta love those Illinois Democrats.

HB 40 is wrong, 9 months or not totally 9 months. We are broke as a state, AND it is wrong no matter how long. The point was made.

Costa Howard is a bad candidate. Being fiscally responsible isn't in her wheel house, let alone her social views. Hopefully, after this campaign, she won't run for anything, again.

Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    HB 40 is wrong, 9 months or not totally 9 months. We are broke as a state, AND it is wrong no matter how long. The point was made.

Costa Howard is a bad candidate. Being fiscally responsible isn't in her wheel house, let alone her social views. Hopefully, after this campaign, she won't run for anything, again.
    Thank you for taking down the post, I'll take down mine as well. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with you regarding Ms. Howard. I realize you did not write it, my issue (with either side) is when people post unsubstantiated claims.

Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    She better start raising some real money - or this is going to be a bloodbath.
    Looks like Herr Madigan is tossing some cash her way....

Madigan spends $45K in July to boost Glen Ellyn Democrat State House hopeful Howard

payments of $24,441 on July 15 and $21,108 on July 22 were to a Philadelphia printer in support of Howard's campaign, as reported by the Illinois Democratic Party to the Illinois State Board of Elections (ISBE).
    Illinois House Speaker Michael J. Madigan (D-Chicago)
    Illinois House Speaker Michael J. Madigan (D-Chicago)

The contributions bring Madigan's total support of Howard to $72,550.
    not using a local printer in D41 boundaries?!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    ...not using a local printer in D41 boundaries?!
    I see what you did there. I am sure he/she would print for anyone's money. Just ask Clam.

Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    I see what you did there. I am sure he/she would print for anyone's money. Just ask Clam.
    trying to keep dollars local

I had almost forgotten---Ms. Costa Howard is such a committed Democrat.

From 2008 thru 2014, she pulled a Republican ballot in the primary on 3 separate occasions. Once could have been what has been called a Dillard Democrat in the primary vs. Rauner. But 3 times?

Maybe she's a Republican plant.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    I had almost forgotten---Ms. Costa Howard is such a committed Democrat.

From 2008 thru 2014, she pulled a Republican ballot in the primary on 3 separate occasions. Once could have been what has been called a Dillard Democrat in the primary vs. Rauner. But 3 times?

Maybe she's a Republican plant.
    She's very liberal, period.

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/il...iolations.html

Headline-
    Democrat state rep candidate fined for campaign finance violations