Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Complaint about Costa Howard possible state election campaign violations

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    Peter Breen is also one of a fraction of Illinois legislators with a 100% rating from the Illinois Environmental Council, a collective of over 80 "Green" community activist organizations.
    I believe they think his last name is Green, hence the rating...

A counter ad to the TCH hit ad is now out there.

linky

Tribune endorses Breen:

linky:

48th District: Democratic newcomer Terra Costa Howard of Glen Ellyn gets offended if you question her independence from House Speaker Michael Madigan. Yet her campaign is receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars, campaign staff and paid consultants from Madigan. Sorry, but you can’t pretend to be independent with that fire hose of resources. Voters would be wise to send Rep. Peter Breen, R-Lombard, back to Springfield. He has been firm against higher taxes and unbalanced budgets. He crossed the aisle to work on gun safety legislation. He publicly dumped Gov. Bruce Rauner, once an ally, when Rauner expanded taxpayer funding of abortion. Howard is desperate to paint Breen as extreme. But the only thing extreme in this race is the amount of Madigan money flowing to her campaign. Breen is endorsed.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Bry's Avatar
    I believe we are the only home in GE with both republican and democratic signs on our front lawn. Both these candidates visited our house (on different days), and we invited them in and chatted for close to an hour. It was great to be able to pick their brains and here where they stand without an ounce of dirt slung at each other. I wish more would do this, and be open to chat without wanting to rush out. I learned about both way more than I would have if I just visited their websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    I believe we are the only home in GE with both republican and democratic signs on our front lawn. Both these candidates visited our house (on different days), and we invited them in and chatted for close to an hour. It was great to be able to pick their brains and here where they stand without an ounce of dirt slung at each other. I wish more would do this, and be open to chat without wanting to rush out. I learned about both way more than I would have if I just visited their websites.
    Thumbs up to you for trying to find out what they are about. I took it to another level a couple times. I wanted to see what specific candidates were like at a political event for the other side. Did that at a Milton Democratic Committeeman meeting during the summer and found Deb Conroy to be the tool that I knew she was. Recently, went to a Casten meet & greet. Didn't ask anything, just listened. I am convinced that many/most that display his signs don't have a clue about him. It was interesting to look behind the curtain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Everyone should look at each candidate with an open mind. It's too bad some people can't see past the party...

More money!

from the article:

"Terra Costa Howard received $60,400 in campaign contributions from personal injury lawyers at the direction of House Speaker Michael Madigan."

"In all, Madigan has contributed $1.55 million to Howard's campaign this election cycle."

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    More money!

from the article:

"Terra Costa Howard received $60,400 in campaign contributions from personal injury lawyers at the direction of House Speaker Michael Madigan."

"In all, Madigan has contributed $1.55 million to Howard's campaign this election cycle."
    You would think she could of used some of that money to run at least one positive ad, or one without false statements & innuendos.
    Last edited by Perplexed; 11-05-2018 at 03:53 PM.

that isn't the 'Madigan Way'....

The important thing to remember is that her husband accosted some Starbucks worker 14 years ago. /pearlclutching

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesoter View Post
    The important thing to remember is that her husband accosted some Starbucks worker 14 years ago. /pearlclutching
    Non-issue for me... I even asked another poster to remove some unsubstantiated claims. I am concerned with her incredibly negative and misleading ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    I am concerned with her incredibly negative and misleading ads.
    So glad her opponent has taken the high road...

Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    Non-issue for me... I even asked another poster to remove some unsubstantiated claims. I am concerned with her incredibly negative and misleading ads.
    I'm concerned with her lack of a substantive platform.