Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Complaint about Costa Howard possible state election campaign violations

Forum All Star
    So now, it's official. Terra Costa Howard is a full member of the Illinois Sleazy Politicians Club. What could be sleazier than being caught and fined for a fake "grass roots" campaign? Dirty money paying for fake followers.....sleazy as hell.

And it wasn't just Terra Howard that was fined and reprimanded for her reprehensible back room slimy money tricks - it was also "Personal Pac, Inc".
    Last edited by jombl; 09-06-2018 at 04:43 PM.

Thanks, I forgot to provide that link.

I don't see an actual monetary fine just a threat if it happens again to be fined $5000.

Forum All Star
    I'm not certain what the headline reference to fines refers to, it could be legalese for the $5,000 held in abeyance or it may refer to this:

.... shall be referred to staff for the imposition of the appropriate civil penalties

Perhaps Terra Costa-Howard or her attorneys from what is perhaps Illinois most powerful/famous political house lawyers (Ancel Glick) will answer that. She definitely got her money's worth using Illinois top insider law firm.
    Last edited by jombl; 09-06-2018 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    I'm not certain what the headline reference to fines refers to, it could be legalese for the $5,000 held in abeyance or it may refer to this:

Perhaps Terra Costa-Howard or her attorneys from what is perhaps Illinois most powerful/famous political house lawyers (Ancel Glick) will answer that. She definitely got her money's worth using Illinois top insider law firm.
    I don't fully understand the violation and don't excuse it, but it looks like an election law technicality relating to having proper legalize disclosures on a political mailing. I'll wait for proportional outrage vis-a-vis Trump funneling Russian/Ukrainian oligarch cash into the Trump inauguration fund through straw ticket purchasers.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper Milquetoast View Post
    I don't fully understand the violation and don't excuse it, but it looks like an election law technicality relating to having proper legalize disclosures on a political mailing. I'll wait for proportional outrage vis-a-vis Trump funneling Russian/Ukrainian oligarch cash into the Trump inauguration fund through straw ticket purchasers.
    i don't recall Mueller charging him with that?

This CBS story shows that she is pretty much a one issue candidate:

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/video/3...ro-life-views/

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    This CBS story shows that she is pretty much a one issue candidate:

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/video/3...ro-life-views/
    That seems accurate. I went to her site to see what her stances are. Her site is lacking in content.

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    i don't recall Mueller charging him with that?
    Hasn't yet but the facts are there and the Trump inauguration fund is a fireworks factory about to catch fire.

You might recall that Mueller hasn't issued any indictment against Trump on any matter and some (including most MAGA fanatics) say he can't in any case. So the lack of an indictment is apropos of nothing.

You might recall that Mueller hasn't issued any indictment against Trump on any matter and some (including most MAGA fanatics) say he can't in any case. So the lack of an indictment is apropos of nothing.
    Casper, this thread is on the transgressions of Terra Costa Howard. Only a D would try to spin this into a discussion of what you THINK the president may have done. Stick to the topic, please. Or go to the Trump thread.

Fair enough. The tie-in is the hypocrisy of the outrage over Costa Howard's apparent minor campaign law transgression by those who are completely untroubled by Trump's proven and alleged felonies.

Trump's proven and alleged felonies.

https://dupagepolicyjournal.com/stor...eport-finances

“Terra Costa Howard has been very clear about how she wants to tax and spend more of your hard-earned money,” HRO Executive Director Travis Sterling said in a statement. “She raised property taxes eight straight years on the school board and is now pushing for a graduated income tax hike. But when it comes to the facts about where she gets her money, it’s too much trouble for Howard to follow the law.”