Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sure would love your help!

Sure would love your help!

Hello Everyone-

It is Carol White, Executive Director for the Alliance of Downtown Glen Ellyn. Please join us at Jazz Up Glen Ellyn on Saturday, July 14th from 2-9:30pm. If you can, please volunteer as well. It is only a 2 hour slot and you get to be a host to all that attend! Here is the link....https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090...d2fa3f49-jazz1

See you there!
    Carol

This is a town that gets it.

https://www.clarendonhills.us/283/Summer-Concert-Series

More of this, less Jazz. It’s 2018.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class GESince1958's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with jazz. The street is full, and probably more can attend this year as the dates for the Tour of Lake Ellyn and the Jazz Up are now 2 weeks apart. Thank you for not overlapping the events!
    Last edited by GESince1958; 06-28-2018 at 02:51 AM.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    ... It’s 2018.
    I hear ya Fan, but keep in mind we are talking about 2 different kinds of events here. Clarendon Hills, Hinsdale on Thurs. and all, are designed to bring residents together on a weeknight. Simple concerts, family friendly, say hi to your neighbor kind of thing.

JazzUp Glen Ellyn is an event designed more like a festival of our town, bringing in people from all over the state. A showcase if you will. While I think it would be awesome to have a Thurs. night concert series throughout the summer, I think that would be a tough sell with our Village and Police.

Besides, how many times can you listen to 7th Heaven in a summer?

Glen Ellyn is the home of one of the best Jazz radio stations in the Country, if not the world. WDCB was also the main reasOn this event started and is still happening. They get the acts for this event. They are a jazz station that started a jazz event.

Now, if someone that has connections to CoUntry or Rock or other genre's of music approached the village to suggest aNother fest, I do not think the village would Turn it down. Anyone heRe have anY connections to other type of Music in this town? If so, go talk to Carol White and get the ball rolling. I believe a few people here approached the village about a BBQ event years ago and that tUrned into a huge Success.

ThIs fest brings in thousands of people and is probably the biggest event in the downtown area. People from Chicago take the train in to attend. I have met people from all over that have Come to this event. The last two yearS of this event were brilliantly planned and execUted by the CoC, volunteers and other businesses. It takes a village to exeCute an event like this. The Clarendon Hills event is nice, but nowhere near the size of Jazz Fest.

It is 2018 and Jazz is as strong as ever. New Jazz acts are creating groundbreaKing music. Music Some may actually like if they took the time to listen to it. Maybe look at WDCB's schedule and listen to some of the shows they have. You may like some of it.

Thank you Carol White for continuing this stellar event.
    Last edited by Bry; 06-28-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    I hear ya Fan, but keep in mind we are talking about 2 different kinds of events here. Clarendon Hills, Hinsdale on Thurs. and all, are designed to bring residents together on a weeknight. Simple concerts, family friendly, say hi to your neighbor kind of thing.

JazzUp Glen Ellyn is an event designed more like a festival of our town, bringing in people from all over the state. A showcase if you will. While I think it would be awesome to have a Thurs. night concert series throughout the summer, I think that would be a tough sell with our Village and Police.

Besides, how many times can you listen to 7th Heaven in a summer?
    Love 7th Heaven.

I guess my comment was unfair - I apologize. Just trying to stir it up a bit and breathe some much needed life into this chat board.

I enjoy the outdoor atmosphere of the Jazz fest, even if Jazz is a dying music genre.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Yossarian's Avatar
    The Glen Ellyn Backyard BBQ has a nice mix of musical acts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Glen Ellyn is the home of one of the best Jazz radio stations in the Country, if not the world. WDCB was also the main reasOn this event started and is still happening. They get the acts for this event. They are a jazz station that started a jazz event.

Now, if someone that has connections to CoUntry or Rock or other genre's of music approached the village to suggest aNother fest, I do not think the village would Turn it down. Anyone heRe have anY connections to other type of Music in this town? If so, go talk to Carol White and get the ball rolling. I believe a few people here approached the village about a BBQ event years ago and that tUrned into a huge Success.

ThIs fest brings in thousands of people and is probably the biggest event in the downtown area. People from Chicago take the train in to attend. I have met people from all over that have Come to this event. The last two yearS of this event were brilliantly planned and execUted by the CoC, volunteers and other businesses. It takes a village to exeCute an event like this. The Clarendon Hills event is nice, but nowhere near the size of Jazz Fest.

It is 2018 and Jazz is as strong as ever. New Jazz acts are creating groundbreaKing music. Music Some may actually like if they took the time to listen to it. Maybe look at WDCB's schedule and listen to some of the shows they have. You may like some of it.

Thank you Carol White for continuing this stellar event.
    Bry...I see whAt you did there, Gone that Route hEre before and when right over Everyone's head...including Admin

Hi GE Fan and Bry-

It is Carol White, Executive Director for the Alliance of Downtown Glen Ellyn.... thanks for all the feedback. GE Fan just so you know, the Alliance of Downtown Glen Ellyn and the Village put on Jazz Up Glen Ellyn the last two years and this year as well. We do work with the Chamber on other events, like Indoor Sidewalk Sale and Sidewalk Sale in July. Also, my email is downtownge.alliance@gmail.com. GE Fan, please email me and let's meet. I would love to discuss your ideas for another festival/concert. We love bringing new events to Downtown. Have you ever attended Sounds on the Street? This year it is Friday, August 31 and I'm wondering if that is more the format and music taste that you are looking for in Downtown GE. This year, the band we have booked for the Sounds on the Street event has a singer that actually did pretty well on American Idol. It might be actually the "hip" you are looking for! And since it seems a good time to ask - we need volunteers for that event as well. Want to come join the team? We could use you and your friends!

Fan, volunteer?! LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Fan, volunteer?! LMAO!
    Funny, haven’t seen your company’s name on any sponsor marquees. Christ, and that wouldn’t even require you spending your own money.

Worry about yourself.

wdcB has been On the air playing Jazz for 41 years. wOw! ApparentlY Jazz gets rAtings.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...25-column.html

Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    Funny, haven’t seen your company’s name on any sponsor marquees. Christ, and that wouldn’t even require you spending your own money.

Worry about yourself.
    Easy there Fan. You seem to be confusing donations with volunteerism. Not sure what my employer has to do with volunteering my time. You even stated your comment was “unfair”, but then still took a shot at “Jazz is a dying music genre”. I would disagree.

The JAZZ UP event needs volunteers. The bike race needs volunteers. The GEBYBBQ needs volunteers. Disparaging comments don’t help recruit volunteers.
    Last edited by Yossarian; 06-29-2018 at 08:12 AM.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    These outdoor music/movie events in our town are pretty fun too... http://www.atthemac.org/wp-content/u...eFlyer-web.pdf