Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2018 Intelligentsia Cup event July 28

Quote Originally Posted by GESince1958 View Post
    Are you calling me "wild?"
    If the camera lens fits... I did see you a few times, but you looked to be in a rush.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class GESince1958's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    If the camera lens fits... I did see you a few times, but you looked to be in a rush.
    None of my help showed up so I had to do the entire day's shoot solo. It was a very active day. I did have a wonderful woman who provided me with food and water.

None of my help showed up so I had to do the entire day's shoot solo. It was a very active day. I did have a wonderful woman who provided me with food and water.
    Javi's wife? She is a very nice lady and was overjoyed at how busy they were.

I am referring to my better half, actually.

Just began editing shots.

Last edited by GESince1958; 08-02-2018 at 04:28 AM.

All day (well, for weeks), my son was talking about "winning" the family race. Everything to him is a race, even when a race is not a race. He was so excited to go on the track. Over the last hundred yards of his first lap, Team Intent was yelling and screaming his name and cheering him on. I let him ahead of me (no, I was not winded! ) and they were going crazy. It was pretty awesome of them to do that. He ended up finishing fourth across the line. Oh, we had to know that info! Seeing his excitement for cycling made me hand the camera to him and watch him have fun. It is really an awesome event and all the volunteers did a wonderful job.

Now, can we get the Beer Cellar to have their beer garden there every Friday and Saturday night? That is a great venue to have a beer with friends, enjoy the beauty of the lake and the weather, and chill. Like this place:

http://www.estabrookbeergarden.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    All day (well, for weeks), my son was talking about "winning" the family race. Everything to him is a race, even when a race is not a race. He was so excited to go on the track. Over the last hundred yards of his first lap, Team Intent was yelling and screaming his name and cheering him on. I let him ahead of me (no, I was not winded! ) and they were going crazy. It was pretty awesome of them to do that. He ended up finishing fourth across the line. Oh, we had to know that info! Seeing his excitement for cycling made me hand the camera to him and watch him have fun. It is really an awesome event and all the volunteers did a wonderful job.

Now, can we get the Beer Cellar to have their beer garden there every Friday and Saturday night? That is a great venue to have a beer with friends, enjoy the beauty of the lake and the weather, and chill. Like this place:

http://www.estabrookbeergarden.com/
    That was a fun event to watch. Some of those little ones aimed straight for me when I was filming the event!

Well, here's a start to some edited photos. There will be lots more as I go through them. About a quarter done. They still need captions, a serious sorting, watermarks in the right places, and most will be shuttled to a second outtakes gallery later. Best not to use your phone or the bandwidth might slow it down or damage your plan if not unlimited. Use a real computer and click the first pic and then go to slide show mode > thingy at bottom left. Enjoy!
    Last edited by GESince1958; 08-02-2018 at 04:47 AM.

Well,here's a start to some edited photos
    Great photos GE1958, spectacular stuff. Thanks for taking the time to post the gallery here, especially for those of us who could not attend.

Side question, both the video and the photos are sparse on crowds...how were the spectators as far as attendance? A lot of people, were they clustered in any spots (other than the boathouse )?

Thank you again for sharing!!

Great photos GE1958, spectacular stuff. Thanks for taking the time to post the gallery here, especially for those of us who could not attend.

Thanks. More to come.

Side question, both the video and the photos are sparse on crowds...how were the spectators as far as attendance? A lot of people, were they clustered in any spots (other than the boathouse?

I guess it isn't important to a lot of people unless its on TV, or is on Netflix, Hulu, etc. What is unfortunately "normal" now, I saw many not watching the race at all, but instead staring at their phones like zombies, because, they are zombies. The crowds were a little less than I would expect, considering the Jazz Festival was not on the same day. The only things I can think of are that they've seen this before, so they don't need to see it again, and/or this was the beginning of the last two weeks for any remaining vacation time. They'll all be back for the start of school about the middle of August.

In a way I don't much mind there weren't thousands of spectators. I've seen what can happen (as an ex-racer myself) in a crowded park, with kids and dogs in tow. Only takes one family to sit on a tight inside corner with their legs dangling out, or an uncontrolled dog running out and there could be a tragic mess. Corner guards (and we had lots of them) help keep people safe. At the east end of Crescent, at the roundabout, there were eleven course guards within just a half block. Never seen that many in such a short distance - wow!
    Last edited by GESince1958; 08-02-2018 at 02:44 PM.

Thanks. More to come.

I guess it isn't important to a lot of people unless its on TV, or is on Netflix, Hulu, etc. What is unfortunately "normal" now, I saw many not watching the race at all, but instead staring at their phones like zombies, because, they are zombies. The crowds were a little less than I would expect, considering the Jazz Festival was not on the same day. The only things I can think of are that they've seen this before, so they don't need to see it again, and/or this was the beginning of the last two weeks for any remaining vacation time. They'll all be back for the start of school about the middle of August.

In a way I don't much mind there weren't thousands of spectators. I've seen what can happen (as an ex-racer myself) in a crowded park, with kids and dogs in tow. Only takes one family to sit on a tight inside corner with their legs dangling out, or an uncontrolled dog running out and there could be a tragic mess. Corner guards (and we had lots of them) help keep people safe. At the east end of Crescent, at the roundabout, there were eleven course guards within just a half block. Never seen that many in such a short distance - wow!
    We had a whole lot of extra volunteers for one shift when people showed up real early... Plus a few that couldn’t find their location...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk