Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power outages

Forum Demi-god

Angry Power outages

Anyone else experiencing power outages this weekend? Third one in last two days.

When I drove home at 10pm, it appeared the section N. of Duane and between Whittier and Taylor was out. I don't know how far north that went. Our power flickered and we lost a window fan, which doesn't make sense, but the motor burned out at the same time. The computers and other equipment were OK. The car charger (which wasn't charging at the time) was squealing like a pig, and I have yet to figure out what code was thrown. I suspect a brown-out in our neighborhood.

Forum Demi-god
    According to ComEd website 1,100 GE customers were out, parts of GE were dark around 10pm. Heat also played havoc with other infrastructure, all three eastbound lanes of North Ave were closed at 9pm last night with a huge pavement buckle, looked like an earthquake...about a mile before 83...anyone who uses Eastbound North Ave should consider alternative routes next week or so.

so you're saying it is now possible to catch air?

Forum Demi-god
    Another outage at 6am this morning.

Forum Demi-god
    So this problem is back for some of us...experienced 10 or more the last two weeks...looks like others having the same issue, this tweet from VOGE about a hour ago...
    "The Village has been notified of reported power surges & outages in and around town. ComEd is aware and is investigating the overall issue. Please report power problems to ComEd directly at 800-Edison1 so that they are able to correctly track the data."

https://bit.ly/2JFJm5k

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    off topic slightly: Every night between 8:25 and 8:32, our porch light flickers. It has been doing it for a few weeks now(that we know of). It is the strangest thing. It is a normal LED light and nothing starts up electricity wise at around that time. It went 6 days in a row flicking at 8:28, but now it is changing it up a minute or two earlier or later. We see it because the window to our front door is right next to the couch on the inside. Strangest thing. We have even turned off everything in the house at 8:15, and it still did it at 8:27. Anyone stay at a Holiday Inn express lately and can give us info why it is doing it?

FYI, during the warm weather days, if we have an extended power outage, you may want to stroll past our house at around 7 PM and stop in the driveway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0JX7pd7xTE

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    So this problem is back for some of us...experienced 10 or more the last two weeks...looks like others having the same issue, this tweet from VOGE about a hour ago...
    "The Village has been notified of reported power surges & outages in and around town. ComEd is aware and is investigating the overall issue. Please report power problems to ComEd directly at 800-Edison1 so that they are able to correctly track the data."

https://bit.ly/2JFJm5k
    ours has gone out intermittently / randomly for short bursts, several times in the last couple weeks.

Forum Demi-god
    Damn, you tricked me into a Buffet song...which I guess you placed here because it doesn't fit in the music thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    off topic slightly: Every night between 8:25 and 8:32, our porch light flickers. It has been doing it for a few weeks now(that we know of). It is the strangest thing. It is a normal LED light and nothing starts up electricity wise at around that time. It went 6 days in a row flicking at 8:28, but now it is changing it up a minute or two earlier or later. We see it because the window to our front door is right next to the couch on the inside. Strangest thing. We have even turned off everything in the house at 8:15, and it still did it at 8:27. Anyone stay at a Holiday Inn express lately and can give us info why it is doing it?
    it would be interesting to see what affect the time change has on the time of this occurring.

Hmm, now Lisle?
    Just posted.

The Morton Arboretum
    6 mins ·
    The Morton Arboretum is currently part of an area-wide power outage. ComEd anticipates that full power will be restored by 1:15 p.m. The Arboretum, including the Visitor Center, Ginkgo Cafe and Ginkgo Restaurant, are open. We will share updates as they develop. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by darlili View Post
    Hmm, now Lisle?
    Just posted.

The Morton Arboretum
    6 mins ·
    The Morton Arboretum is currently part of an area-wide power outage. ComEd anticipates that full power will be restored by 1:15 p.m. The Arboretum, including the Visitor Center, Ginkgo Cafe and Ginkgo Restaurant, are open. We will share updates as they develop. Thank you.
    The world ends at 11:59 tonight. The second coming is tonight. All those non-believers will be left to watch the voting results while the believers will be leaving this mortal coil to live in peace elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    it would be interesting to see what affect the time change has on the time of this occurring.
    Will find out tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Damn, you tricked me into a Buffet song...which I guess you placed here because it doesn't fit in the music thread.
    What's a Buffet song? I only do smorgasbords.