Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: Glen Ellyn Backyard BBQ

  1. #16
    Forum All Star middlein87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Posh YMCA District
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Does he get to drive the golf cart?

    Unfortunately, I probably wont see him at all that day, I've got a date with an arthroscope the day prior.
    Sitting at a table selling beer tickets is a legitimate form of rehab for that procedure. I'll even throw in a bag of ice.

  2. #17
    Forum All Star Perplexed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    41.876387, -88.066747
    Posts
    2,640
    Quote Originally Posted by middlein87 View Post
    Sitting at a table selling beer tickets is a legitimate form of rehab for that procedure. I'll even throw in a bag of ice.
    I just looked, he's still on the volunteer schedule!!

  3. #18
    Forum Hall of Famer DTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    3,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    Huh? Oh wait, I understand. He actually was a member of a winning team, I could show you photos of him cooking to prove it.
    holding a pair of tongs for 5 seconds doesn't count.

  4. #19
    Forum Hall of Famer DTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    3,067
    where is the write up? did anyone go? still hungover??

  5. #20
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    121
    I did a volunteer shift from 11:30-2:30 and although the crowds were a little light then, the event seemed to be well organized and I had a good experience with visitors to the raffle table. I was not able to return later on, but I'm glad the weather held out and cannot believe that it's been 10 years since it started on our block!
    Kudos to the BBQ committee again this year...I know how much time & work goes into those events and I'm hoping that the end result was a good one for Bridge.

  6. #21
    Forum All Star Perplexed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    41.876387, -88.066747
    Posts
    2,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermsdaughter View Post
    I did a volunteer shift from 11:30-2:30 and although the crowds were a little light then, the event seemed to be well organized and I had a good experience with visitors to the raffle table. I was not able to return later on, but I'm glad the weather held out and cannot believe that it's been 10 years since it started on our block!
    Kudos to the BBQ committee again this year...I know how much time & work goes into those events and I'm hoping that the end result was a good one for Bridge.
    Thank you for volunteering and your review! The crowd was good for a 65 day. We obviously do better when it's in the high 70's. Great bands this year!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #22
    Forum Hall of Famer DTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    3,067
    was Panic at the Costco a Panic at the Disco tribute band?

  8. #23
    Forum All Star Perplexed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    41.876387, -88.066747
    Posts
    2,640
    Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    was Panic at the Costco a Panic at the Disco tribute band?
    No, but they were a fun band!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •