Thread: Paint Stripping

Paint Stripping

I need to strip a 26x8 baseboard register . . . mainly because I cannot find a replacement anywhere. Does anyone know of a business or a non-lethal product that I could use to get it down to bare metal?

if only you knew a local car shop which could sand blast it down to bare metal...

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Good old fashioned elbow grease? (link)http://homeguides.sfgate.com/strip-p...ers-31610.html

I fear that will be the solution . . . doing it myself. I am not good at doing anything by myself other than making dinner. The thing is old, seemingly can't be replaced. And looks to have about eight coats of latex on it. Starting to close off the slots. Once it is clean, gonna spray the slots and use the trim paint on the flat surfaces.

You might want to consider taking it to any one of the numerous area shops that powder coat bike frames. They will strip it down to a smooth base, at which point you can either take it back and paint it or just let them powder coat it.

For stripping wood, like antiques, there is a place near here that will dip the entire item (dining room tables, dressers, bed frames, etc) and strip it down to bare wood.
    Last edited by jombl; 05-14-2018 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    I fear that will be the solution . . . doing it myself. I am not good at doing anything by myself other than making eating dinner. The thing is old, seemingly can't be replaced. And looks to have about eight coats of latex on it. Starting to close off the slots. Once it is clean, gonna spray the slots and use the trim paint on the flat surfaces.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by middlein87 View Post
    Fixed.
    Please go into the admin site and suspend yourself.

Furniture place up on North Ave. in Lombard that dips furniture to strip it (not sure if that's the place Jombl talking about). Not sure if they can do metal?