Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Glen Ellyn Democratic Party

I've edited Jombl's post and one above to remove an unsupported assertion. As I understand it, the Dem Chair is elected at a party meeting. Until you can show that the person you mentioned *actually* voted for Zlotow as Chairman, then refrain from saying he/she did.

Well that speaks volumes. Too controversial to even link a. Democratic committee woman with her organization's selected Chairman.

Heaven forbid that a Democratic committee woman running for public office as a Democrat should be connected with her own local committee chosen chairman.

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    Well that speaks volumes. Too controversial to even link a committee woman with her organization's Chairman.
    But for all you know, she may have voted against him at their officer election meeting. You can link them as committee woman / chairman. But you shouldn't be saying SHE selected or supported him unless you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    But for all you know, she may have voted against him at their officer election meeting. You can link them as committee woman / chairman. But you shouldn't be saying SHE selected or supported him unless you know it.

Here's what I said:

Except here, in Glen Ellyn, where ***'s fellow committeemen united behind him as their leader to speak for and represent the Democratic Party and it's members as Chairman.
    The local Democratic chair, personally selected by ***'s Democratic committee leaders to speak for the party...

How is ***'s political support and selection of the Democratic Party chair not a relevant consideration?
    It was her fellow committee members that united behind him as chair, and he was, indeed, personally selected by her fellow democratic committee leaders to speak for the party.

How exactly is that committee political support and selection not a relevant consideration - for this race for a paid/pensionable and partisan political office?

(p.s. will Breen and Roskam also get a full protective parsing in their races for paid office?)

We are talking about DuPage County Board, DuPage County, not Milton Township, no? Last I checked the DuPage County chairperson was Robert Peickert, no?

Postscript: How could any board allow WZ to chair anything?

The race is for County Board. The redacted candidate for that paid office is a committee woman of the Milton Township Democratic Party whose members selected the controversial chairman.

Too confusing. I'll just await my marching orders from Saul Alinksy and George Soros.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Making the assumption that the procedures for the D's is the same as ours, votes for Township Party officials are generally voice votes. We change our Chairman every 2 years, I believe the D's do also(Tomlinson was before Zlotow). Ozog most likely participated in a unanimous sounding vote for Zlotow. The time for dissention in a vote for Chairman would be before the vote.

So, while it can't be proven unless an actual committeeman comes on here, that Ozog supports Zlotow, it can be assumed that Ozog didn't openly dissent against Zlotow. She may have voice voted quietly, but went along.

The 'stray comments' post by Milquetoast-----As Jombl said, these aren't stray comments. Zlotow has been saying crazy ---- for a long time. How he could be voted in as Chairman of anything says a lot about that organization. And, it DOES reflect on their candidates. That would include in this election cycle Ozog and Howard.

Fan should realize not to speak in absolutes. There are some good candidates out there. Look no further than Jay Kinzler, running for state rep in the 48th. He might not be in everybody's area(north of St. Charles-Geneva Rd.), but he will be a heck of a better rep than my current rep and certainly more fiscally responsible than Howard.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    Zlotow has been saying crazy ---- for a long time. How he could be voted in as Chairman of anything.....
    Let's test your hypothesis:

Zlotow = "crazy ----" = Election win

D41 School Board candidate = "bat-#&%t crazy" = Election loss

Nope....still not seeing the logic.
    Last edited by GE Love; 05-12-2018 at 07:56 AM. Reason: not clear who I was referring to.

Anyone, well almost anyone , that has read his stuff over the years, especially at the Patch, would question how they would make him Chairman. Maybe no one else wanted to be.

And, I didn't call him crazy, unlike your words about me.

Your opinion of me, Love? What did Roger Daltrey say in the first line of 5:15?