Thread: School Perceptions Survey Results - Winter 2018

Banned

School Perceptions Survey Results - Winter 2018

Banned
    Notice any trends in the overall perception of the current School Board?

Quote Originally Posted by GEman View Post
    Notice any trends in the overall perception of the current School Board?
    Seems like a lot of people miss Dan Smith.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by middlein87 View Post
    Let me go out on a limb here and offer up that Dan may miss Glen Ellyn a lot more than it misses him.

GEman fails to mention those are the results from the staff. Didn't even ask parents those questions. The one question to parents about BOE not much change - Overall satisfaction with BOE 2.58 (down -.16 from 2.74 in 2016). The survey guy said a drop of less than .2 is NOT a concern.

And take a look at community survey results from fall 2016 survey of those same four questions. Ratings between 3.25 and 3.44. Higher than the staff back in 2016.
    https://www.d41.org/cms/lib/IL019046...ts_Overall.pdf

Maybe it's just the staff who miss Dan?!?
    Last edited by innovator; 04-12-2018 at 06:34 AM. Reason: missed a word

School Perceptions Survey Results - Winter 2018

This is the kind of school board that is under appreciated right now. In 2025, when taxes are lower, Hadley has more space and specialization is but a distant memory, theyíll be remembered as a board that got things done. Letís all remember that they got a referendum passed by a very thin margin through compromise. The board did this... not the administration.

Who cares what the staff thinks about the board? I wish the staff would concentrate on teaching my kid, keeping them safe, maybe have a little fun and let me know if there are any problems. Most of the staff I encounter on a daily basis do exactly that. I donít see the board interfering with that so this survey seems to be an undermining distraction to the real board work now being done.
    Last edited by Lolita; 04-12-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by middlein87 View Post
    That. Plus the longer Erica Nelson is on they get angrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    This is the kind of school board that is under appreciated right now. In 2025, when taxes are lower, Hadley has more space and specialization is but a distant memory, they’ll be remembered as a board that got things done. Let’s all remember that they got a referendum passed by a very thin margin through compromise. The board did this... not the administration.

Who cares what the staff thinks about the board? I wish the staff would concentrate on teaching my kid, keeping them safe, maybe have a little fun and let me know if there are any problems. Most of the staff I encounter on a daily basis do exactly that. I don’t see the board interfering with that so this survey seems to be an undermining distraction to the real board work now being done.
    Agree with everything here, except about the ref. It was supported by some of both sides, but make no mistake, that 10 vote victory was all Gordon with his conniving with 41 Forward, the current PTA head. That FOIA that netted 41 Forward-Herbold all those names, email and physical addresses so that they could campaign to those thousands and then Gordon sends out a similar campaign(which should have caused D 41 to register as a lobbying firm). That effort absolutely caused the 10 vote victory.

Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    Waaa....Waaaa....Waaaa. Are you still crying about this? Hadley looks great with the first portable gone.
    First, the committee that I was on made Hadley as the first priority. I didn't agree with the total asked for, NOR, the that the actual total was over $40 million. Nor, the whole BS about the taxes not going up. A lie is a lie.

Second, once those involved traded in their integrity for successfully putting one over on the taxpayers, there isn't a refund line to get that integrity back. Five years from now, 10, the head of 41 Forward will still in that line with Pi Irwin. Whatever good that is accomplished thru one's raising funds as part of the PTA, it doesn't change what one did in snookering her community.