Flat Levy

This is probably buried in a different thread, but deserves its own one:

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/2017/1...-levy/aa19j5u/

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    So glad I left.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    So glad I left.
    Yet you really haven't.

From someone who is pleading for fiscal responsibility/restraint from our elected reps and government, this was refreshing news. It's great getting to send praise once in a while instead of always getting disappointed and frustrated by the latest tax increase, referendum, or related.

Job well done to Stephanie Clark, Linda D'Ambrosio, Kurt Buckholz and Bruce Currie for voting in favor of the flat levy!!!

Please continue to support flat or reduced tax levy's in the future and thank you for ignoring the political pressure from the various interest groups who always want more money (they wanted the maximum allowable) from the tax payers.

The school district needs to find more productivity, cost savings, and more efficient ways of operating their business instead of the annual request of more tax dollars.

Thankfully someone is watching out for our taxes around here! Seems justified since the district had such a surplus (10% of the budget). Anyone out there who thinks maxing the levy would have been justified, let me guess, you subscribe to the same rule of thumb we hear Nelson say over and over - "Don't leave any money on the table."

Agree. This new board seems alright. They get the big picture. Little rough around the edges perhaps but looking out for the community as a whole. Not rubber stamping our tax dollars away and regularly pissing off the GEMS and Nelson. Seems about right. And after finding 5 million plus-why WOULD they max the levy? Iíll be happy not to have a huge raise in taxes.

Agreed on the 4 that stood up tall and voted for all the taxpayers. I never expected Nelson or Bruno to do the right thing and they didn't disappoint. But Loebach? I hope this was a fiscal aberration and not true colors showing.

As far as those that spoke on maxing the levy and asking to 'not leave a dollar on the table', they have proven to be blind and deaf to the segments of the community that they choose not to see or consider--including the elderly and those on fixed incomes.

One person who should receive a spotlight of scrutiny would be a Name Removed by Moderator As one that I perceive is interested in running for the board next year, I would alert that she has been a voice for this 'no dolllar left behind' clique. Also, she is on audio at a board meeting from last summer as saying that a couple hundred dollar tax decrease is INSIGNIFICANT. If you don't mind if your taxes go up, she's your hookup.
    Last edited by Moderator1; 01-24-2018 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Person is not running at this point no need for name

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    ....If you don't mind if your taxes go up, she's your hookup.
    So let's get this straight. Either you are for the children (Read:Far left, spend every dollar, communist) or You are for the taxpayer (Read: Radical right wing, Dan Profft **** sniffing, 1950's thinking)

Who falls in the middle of the above? Certainly no one sitting currently on the Board. No one sitting in the audience, or posting an many various mediums. When does the madness end? As a wise man once said "D41 is tearing this community apart"

No arguing with the moderator from here. The person that I mentioned isn't currently running for the board. We can revisit this point in about 8 months. But, anyone who is paying attention to the board meetings will be familiar with this person who speaks at almost every meeting. He/she has accused the current (read new) board of various things and slandered me with an accusation of costing the district $15K, without anything to backup his/her empty accusation.

To Mr./Mrs. Love, your point is silly. Most of the community is in the middle, not aware of D41's history or really caring until it personally affects their kids. You are a D 41 taxpayer, same as me. Differences start at I can spell Proft. I'm not related to anyone that helped the referendum. I don't call people a troll and then play one. And, I don't make any money off D 41.

Differences start at I can spell Proft.
    Not sure this is anything to be bragging about. A really nice guy - but the faster he and his chosen candidates depart the Illinois Republican party - the better off it will be.

Insofar as he's involved, the state has no chance.

Forum Regular
    ...your point is silly. Most of the community is in the middle, not aware of D41's history or really caring until it personally affects their kids.
    The point must have been so silly, you missed it completely.