Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Village Approves Agreement with COD

Village Approves Agreement with COD

The Glen Ellyn Village Board approved an agreement, with conditions, for COD to bring its Innovation DuPage program to the Civic Center.

D 41 and the Glen Ellyn Park District appearently are a little too late and more than a $1 short.

It appeared to me that both ideas have merit. Hopefully, a backup plan will emerge for a possible 41-GEPD move, maybe moving the GEPD offices to the McKee House, if it can be rehabbed.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    The Glen Ellyn Village Board approved an agreement, with conditions, for COD to bring its Innovation DuPage program to the Civic Center.

D 41 and the Glen Ellyn Park District appearently are a little too late and more than a $1 short.

It appeared to me that both ideas have merit. Hopefully, a backup plan will emerge for a possible 41-GEPD move, maybe moving the GEPD offices to the McKee House, if it can be rehabbed.

Glad to hear, not a fan of pre-kindergarten or full day kindergarten at taxpayers expense.

The Downtown is very slowly getting a long over due face lift and hope this adds to it in a positive way.

Just FYI - the D41 plan did not involve full day kindergarten, only moving the preschool to address space. Also, from D41 proposal this was "the least expensive of the available options, other than increasing class sizes. An agreement should also save our respective taxpayers considerable dollars by avoiding altogether, or at least significantly delaying, new construction by the School District to meet its space needs due to anticipated growth and development in the Village."
    https://www.d41.org/cms/lib/IL019046...nt_11-8-17.pdf

I'm not sure which plan was best, but find it interesting that COD totally threw D41 under the bus by threatening to back of out of the deal if the plan wasn't agreed to last night. Would it kill them to give it a few weeks so all options could be vetted? I heard other options mentioned by village trustees, but aren't they assuming park district and D41 interested? None of those ideas were in the proposal.

Also, how do you approve an agreement "with conditions"??? Can the village even do that?

Kasarda has been projecting for years enrollment increases which have failed to materialize. Perhaps they should try someone else next time?

Mr. Solak, do you have your fancy graph with his updated numbers you could share?

Has anyone seen a recent analysis of moving the preschool to Main Street Rec. The opportunity has come up a few times in the past, but I have never seen a decisive answer.

Steve

https://dupagepolicyjournal.com/stor...incubator-deal

How is this not being discussed? Clamato - if this doesn’t get the blood flowing on the Forum, it’s time shut it down.

Got to give Ladesic credit, he’s not afraid to stir it up when he believes in something - regardless of who is on the other side. I respect that.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    https://dupagepolicyjournal.com/stor...incubator-deal

How is this not being discussed? Clamato - if this doesn’t get the blood flowing on the Forum, it’s time shut it down.

Got to give Ladesic credit, he’s not afraid to stir it up when he believes in something - regardless of who is on the other side. I respect that.
    I will start the blood flowing......Trustee Ladesic needs to resign immediately. He is way past his prime and his associates are scary people that I do not want involved in my local politics. He has proved over the last few years that he is not acting in the best interests of this town, rather, puffing his chest out to his new crazy right wing buddies.

Sorry.. After the obvious miss statements during the Hadley Addition debate I gave up on the DuPage Policy Journal... It is simply partisan fake news...

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    I will start the blood flowing......Trustee Ladesic needs to resign immediately. He is way past his prime and his associates are scary people that I do not want involved in my local politics. He has proved over the last few years that he is not acting in the best interests of this town, rather, puffing his chest out to his new crazy right wing buddies.
    Ladesic went after the fire department at the last board meeting. It was embarrassing. The fire department had obviously done their homework. Pete had called around and built a position based on bad facts but would not back down.

Not sure what the history is, but it was embarrassing.

Glad the fire chief stood up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    Sorry.. After the obvious miss statements during the Hadley Addition debate I gave up on the DuPage Policy Journal... It is simply another partisan fake news publication..

Quote Originally Posted by sseaney View Post
    Ladesic went after the fire department at the last board meeting. It was embarrassing. The fire department had obviously done their homework. Pete had called around and built a position based on bad facts but would not back down.
    Can you expand? What was the issue, curious.

DuPage Policy Journal... It is simply another partisan fake news publication..
    Yep. It's not worth the paper it's not even printed on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Can you expand? What was the issue, curious.
    The GEPD needs to replace on of their bucket trucks. The truck is past its expected lifetime and has various systems failing.. It is to the point it is not dependable.. It's a fire truck.. We need to know it will work when we have a fire. The firemen also deserve to be on a safe vehicle..

The GEPD proposed a particular style of replacement truck.. They walked through their rationale, the logic behind their decisions, the quotes, costs, etc.

Pete simply argued with them at every step. The issue is not that he asked challenging questions, the problem was Pete refused to change his position when presented with facts that clearly contradicted what he had heard informally.

I am not sure if recordings are available, but it is was embarrassing.

Steve

The GEPD needs to replace on of their bucket trucks. The truck is past its expected lifetime and has various systems failing.. It is to the point it is not dependable.. It's a fire truck.. We need to know it will work when we have a fire. The firemen also deserve to be on a safe vehicle..
    OK, thanks. Yeah, that is a done deal, just saw this 4 days ago but didn't post.

http://chicagoareafire.com/blog/2018...or-glen-ellyn/

Not sure what the history is, but it was embarrassing.

Glad the fire chief stood up to him.

I saw that too. It was a very weird fight to pick.