Thread: Village Approves Agreement with COD

Village Approves Agreement with COD

The Glen Ellyn Village Board approved an agreement, with conditions, for COD to bring its Innovation DuPage program to the Civic Center.

D 41 and the Glen Ellyn Park District appearently are a little too late and more than a $1 short.

It appeared to me that both ideas have merit. Hopefully, a backup plan will emerge for a possible 41-GEPD move, maybe moving the GEPD offices to the McKee House, if it can be rehabbed.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    The Glen Ellyn Village Board approved an agreement, with conditions, for COD to bring its Innovation DuPage program to the Civic Center.

D 41 and the Glen Ellyn Park District appearently are a little too late and more than a $1 short.

It appeared to me that both ideas have merit. Hopefully, a backup plan will emerge for a possible 41-GEPD move, maybe moving the GEPD offices to the McKee House, if it can be rehabbed.

Glad to hear, not a fan of pre-kindergarten or full day kindergarten at taxpayers expense.

The Downtown is very slowly getting a long over due face lift and hope this adds to it in a positive way.

Just FYI - the D41 plan did not involve full day kindergarten, only moving the preschool to address space. Also, from D41 proposal this was "the least expensive of the available options, other than increasing class sizes. An agreement should also save our respective taxpayers considerable dollars by avoiding altogether, or at least significantly delaying, new construction by the School District to meet its space needs due to anticipated growth and development in the Village."
    https://www.d41.org/cms/lib/IL019046...nt_11-8-17.pdf

I'm not sure which plan was best, but find it interesting that COD totally threw D41 under the bus by threatening to back of out of the deal if the plan wasn't agreed to last night. Would it kill them to give it a few weeks so all options could be vetted? I heard other options mentioned by village trustees, but aren't they assuming park district and D41 interested? None of those ideas were in the proposal.

Also, how do you approve an agreement "with conditions"??? Can the village even do that?

Kasarda has been projecting for years enrollment increases which have failed to materialize. Perhaps they should try someone else next time?

Mr. Solak, do you have your fancy graph with his updated numbers you could share?

Has anyone seen a recent analysis of moving the preschool to Main Street Rec. The opportunity has come up a few times in the past, but I have never seen a decisive answer.

Steve