Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Young's Appliances

Young's Appliances

This was posted on the Facebook My Glen Ellyn Group by Doug Samuels:

Young's should be back & open for business as usual in two to three weeks. Same business model & service, new ownership. We all appreciate your support and look forward to serving Glen Ellyn & Chicagoland for many years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    This was posted on the Facebook My Glen Ellyn Group by Doug Samuels:

Young's should be back & open for business as usual in two to three weeks. Same business model & service, new ownership. We all appreciate your support and look forward to serving Glen Ellyn & Chicagoland for many years to come.
    So he's assuming that he's going to be the winning bidder?

Young's Appliances

Doug Samuels was the president of Young's prior to whatever transaction just occurred. Not sure if Doug was an owner or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WheatonRon; 09-11-2017 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    There was an application to the ARC in October 2014 for consideration of a sign variance in order to renovate their sign. At that time, IIRC, the application stated that Larry Young's daughter (I forget her name) was the sole owner. Not certain if that has changed or not.
    File Number 28169949
    Entity Name YOUNG'S APPLIANCES, INC.
    Status ACTIVE
    Entity Type CORPORATION
    Type of Corp DOMESTIC BCA
    Incorporation Date (Domestic) 06/18/1945 State ILLINOIS
    Agent Name ROBERT L RENFRO Agent Change Date 05/26/2015
    Agent Street Address 1755 S NAPERVILLE RD STE 200
    Agent City WHEATON
    Agent Zip 60189 Duration Date PERPETUAL
    President Name & Address DOUGLAS D SAMUELS 336 CENTER STREET GLEN ELLYN 60137
    Secretary Name & Address LAURA SAMUELS SAME
    Annual Report Filing Date 05/31/2017 For Year 2017

Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    So he's assuming that he's going to be the winning bidder?
    I'm one of the creditors who received the notice from Rally Capital. Assets are being liquidated to pay creditors as in a bankruptcy but in a less formal way, without a court being involved. It would appear to be a way to start over after getting rid of debt that couldn't be paid. It sounds as if the old management expects to be the new management, so I suspect that no competing bids are expected. If it is going to be the same management, I'm not sure how they expect to be successful now when they weren't before. However, the Rally notice gives a clue about that:

"In an effort to improve operations, ownership utilized consultants to improve business operations, but those improvements were not in place soon enough to improve Young's cash flow."

So I guess they are counting on these "improvements" to make the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich93 View Post
    So I guess they are counting on these "improvements" to make the difference.
    I'm hoping it involves a lot of Flex Tape.

Over a month has transpired. Any update?

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    There was a dumpster in the parking lot, a couple weekends ago.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class GESince1958's Avatar
    Dumpsters are usually not a good omen, unless there's some progressive remodeling.

The big neon sign says "Reopening soon"-Also includes a phone number for service calls.

In other words, Young’s is toast as a business. Too bad. They added a lot a value to our community but Amazon and Abt just killed its business. Amazon for pricing and Abt for service. Unfortunately, it is similar to the demise of McChesney & Miller a couple of years ago.

Remodeling

Quote Originally Posted by WheatonRon View Post
    In other words, Young’s is toast as a business. Too bad. They added a lot a value to our community but Amazon and Abt just killed its business. Amazon for pricing and Abt for service. Unfortunately, it is similar to the demise of McChesney & Miller a couple of years ago.

Website says closed for reorganization and remodeling. Also, big clearance sale on appliances.

Quote Originally Posted by GESince1958 View Post
    Dumpsters are usually not a good omen, unless there's some progressive remodeling.
    There appears to be a lot of remodeling going on inside. I guess we wait and see.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Quote Originally Posted by WheatonRon View Post
    ...Amazon and Abt just killed its business...
    Home Depot and Lowes didn't help much, either. Not to mention Best Buy and their demised peers (HH Gregg, Circuit City, etc.). Back in the day you had a choice between Sears and the local appliance shop.

Quote Originally Posted by isaac View Post
    There appears to be a lot of remodeling going on inside. I guess we wait and see.
    I guess I don’t understand how “remodeling” solves a business failure, but I hope it works!