Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: Young's Appliances

  1. #16
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    100
    I like to shop local, and have bought things from them-but after seeing how Young's handled the GEBYBBQ situation a few years ago, I've not wanted to shop there.

  2. #17
    Administrator Clamato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermsdaughter View Post
    I like to shop local, and have bought things from them-but after seeing how Young's handled the GEBYBBQ situation a few years ago, I've not wanted to shop there.
    Now THAT . . . . . . was an unfortunate situation. Will never forget that as long as I am above ground. Couldn't figure out how he didn't understand that he was not only throwing a tantrum against his own customers about the location of a barrier (which, BTW, was in a perfectly suitable spot) and insisting on police intervention, but he was yelling at his own customers who were diligently working in the rain to raise money for a charity located across the street from his wife's business . . . about the location of a barrier (which, BTW, was in a perfectly suitable spot).

    Like you, I wonder what I will do when it comes time to buy another appliance. Have never bought from anyone but them in my 23 years here.

  3. #18
    Forum All Star Perplexed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    41.876387, -88.066747
    Posts
    2,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Now THAT . . . . . . was an unfortunate situation. Will never forget that as long as I am above ground. Couldn't figure out how he didn't understand that he was not only throwing a tantrum against his own customers about the location of a barrier (which, BTW, was in a perfectly suitable spot) and insisting on police intervention, but he was yelling at his own customers who were diligently working in the rain to raise money for a charity located across the street from his wife's business . . . about the location of a barrier (which, BTW, was in a perfectly suitable spot).

    Like you, I wonder what I will do when it comes time to buy another appliance. Have never bought from anyone but them in my 23 years here.
    I needed a new appliance about a month after that incident and went to Abt.

  4. #19
    Forum All Star GE Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Glen Ellyn
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Now THAT . . . . . . was an unfortunate situation. Will never forget that as long as I am above ground. Couldn't figure out how he didn't understand that he was not only throwing a tantrum against his own customers about the location of a barrier (which, BTW, was in a perfectly suitable spot) and insisting on police intervention, but he was yelling at his own customers who were diligently working in the rain to raise money for a charity located across the street from his wife's business . . . about the location of a barrier (which, BTW, was in a perfectly suitable spot).

    Like you, I wonder what I will do when it comes time to buy another appliance. Have never bought from anyone but them in my 23 years here.
    Grand Appliances. The best.

    I got a guy if you need.

  5. #20
    Forum Regular - Vociferous Class GESince1958's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Glen Ellyn
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    ...
    Like you, I wonder what I will do when it comes time to buy another appliance. Have never bought from anyone but them in my 23 years here.
    Abt. Just go up there and visit them, maybe buy something small like a toaster oven. You'll understand why many of us here have abandoned local and have shopped regional. Abt is like a Disneyland of appliances and accessories.

  6. #21
    Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Yossarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    827
    Sharing the ABT love. Competitive pricing, great customer service. And its just a fun place to go to.

  7. #22
    Forum All Star southge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Sharing the ABT love. Competitive pricing, great customer service. And its just a fun place to go to.
    A year ago, we priced ABT and Youngs, Youngs was more competitive for 2 reasons, installation and sales tax. I guess we were lucky I used Youngs and had no problems. I liked their service guys too. Best Buy is dead to me. I had a fridge delivered that turned out to be totally dead. It took a lot of effort to get it replaced. Lowes and Home Depot is a gamble because you do not know who will be the installers. The installers are contractors. Appliance purchasing has gotten to be a crap shoot.


    PS I agree that Abt is a fun place. I also hope my appliances last more than 10 years so I can move before they fail.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •