Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Sushi Ukai

  1. #1
    Forum Hall of Famer Cliché's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,016

    Sushi Ukai

    Opening in the other half of the former Soukup's store, Nobel House occupying the other side.

    http://www.sushiukailagrange.com

  2. #2
    Administrator Clamato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,573
    Fake news. No burgers on the menu.

  3. #3
    Forum Hall of Famer Cliché's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Fake news. No burgers on the menu.
    Are you saying the sushi place is not going into that space?

    http://www.dailyherald.com/business/...t-dining-scene

  4. #4
    Administrator Clamato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Are you saying the sushi place is not going into that space?

    http://www.dailyherald.com/business/...t-dining-scene
    No. I mentioned a couple of weeks back that NH and a sushi place were moving into that space. You see, it was sort of a joke. It's not a burger place. That was the joke. Funny, eh? A place opening in town that doesn't specialize in craft beer and burgers.

  5. #5
    Forum Hall of Famer Cliché's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    No. I mentioned a couple of weeks back that NH and a sushi place were moving into that space. You see, it was sort of a joke. It's not a burger place. That was the joke. Funny, eh? A place opening in town that doesn't specialize in craft beer and burgers.
    Ah...your lack of emojication is confusing at times, especially when you shamed me for not using them a while back.

    Noticed in that article Nobel House is promoting, oysters...seemingly every new place to GE promotes oysters.

    It'll be interesting what ends up in Tap the Wooden Barrel House...if he's smart, not burgers.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Ah...your lack of emojication is confusing at times, especially when you shamed me for not using them a while back.

    Noticed in that article Nobel House is promoting, oysters...seemingly every new place to GE promotes oysters.

    It'll be interesting what ends up in Tap the Wooden Barrel House...if he's smart, not burgers.
    Has the old Tap House/Wooden Barrel space been officially purchased or leased?

    Also, i heard a rumor that Fire and Wine was expanding into at least part of the Katy's Boutique location but haven't seen that officially announced yet either.

  7. #7
    Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Yossarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    844
    I just heard the same rumor about F & W expanding into Katy's, more of a waiting area I'm told. I bigger bar area would be nice.

  8. #8
    Forum Hall of Famer Cliché's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,016
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishGE View Post
    Has the old Tap House/Wooden Barrel space been officially purchased or leased?
    Yes, the owner of the building has removed the booths in the back room and much of the kitchen...plans to reopen it.

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishGE View Post
    Also, i heard a rumor that Fire and Wine was expanding into at least part of the Katy's Boutique location but haven't seen that officially announced yet either.
    Yes, they have been studying that to expand the bar to that space.

  9. #9
    Administrator Clamato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,573
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishGE View Post
    Has the old Tap House/Wooden Barrel space been officially purchased or leased?

    Also, i heard a rumor that Fire and Wine was expanding into at least part of the Katy's Boutique location but haven't seen that officially announced yet either.
    Michael explained to me what a logistical nightmare an expansion southward into Katy's would be. Mainly because he felt the kitchen was at max capacity and couldn't serve more people efficiently. But that was two years ago. If it is an expanded bar, wonder if you could eat there?

  10. #10
    Forum Hall of Famer Cliché's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Michael explained to me what a logistical nightmare an expansion southward into Katy's would be. Mainly because he felt the kitchen was at max capacity and couldn't serve more people efficiently. But that was two years ago. If it is an expanded bar, wonder if you could eat there?
    The guy that explained it to me, heard it from his neighbor, who works for a woman whose brother-in-law lives in Geneva Switzerland, who is Facebook friends with someone in Geneva Illinois, whose neighbor is dating a carpenter who worked on the build out of the gia mia in Geneva last year, and knows the firewood provider to the Gia Mias and F+W, and the firewood supplier said that F+W can't really expand the kitchen or add many tables, the kitchen capacity is maxed out, so the idea wasn't to "expand" the bar, but move the bar, make it larger and replace that "old bar" area with tables. That's what I heard from the wood man

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •