Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nobel House

Forum Regular
    Met the Nobel house owners over the weekend while at their namesake in Geneva.
    Cool guys, they plan on opening in mid October in GE.

Said the permit process was absolutely horrible. I guess GE outsources parts of process and what should take days to approve took several months. Sad.

Place rocks in Geneva, should be a great addition to DT. Competition with Maize and Main St. Wish people cold find a convenient place to park. It's gonna get worse and keep potential out-of-towner's away from GE. duh

"Said the permit process was absolutely horrible. I guess GE outsources parts of process and what should take days to approve took several months. Sad."

Not a good formula for attracting new business to GE. I wonder how much cash gets burned waiting on permits.
    Last edited by Yossarian; 09-10-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Is the Red Hound Doggy place still going to open or is it kaput before it even started? I don't even see a sign saying what it's supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Flora Klok View Post
    Is the Red Hound Doggy place still going to open or is it kaput before it even started? I don't even see a sign saying what it's supposed to be.
    I peered into 2 Hound Red on Sunday and it looks like they are getting closer. Bar appears framed out with ornate wood, mechanicals for the brewery in the back appear in place. Some level of framing in the main restaurant but it looks like they are going with an open rafter design for the ceiling. Who knows. I believe they actually started construction in Spring of 2017. Rumor has been of financial/bank issues that held up work for over 3 months but even with that, this one is taking forever.

The Facebook page was actually created in March 2017 with the only post stating they are "targeting a Fall of 2017 opening" made in May of 2017

Forum Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishGE View Post
    I peered into 2 Hound Red on Sunday and it looks like they are getting closer. Bar appears framed out with ornate wood, mechanicals for the brewery in the back appear in place. Some level of framing in the main restaurant but it looks like they are going with an open rafter design for the ceiling. Who knows. I believe they actually started construction in Spring of 2017. Rumor has been of financial/bank issues that held up work for over 3 months but even with that, this one is taking forever.

The Facebook page was actually created in March 2017 with the only post stating they are "targeting a Fall of 2017 opening" made in May of 2017
    I started a thread, their original projection was mid-September 2016. I know for a fact the delays were not all GE permit/inspection related. Hope they open soon and good luck to them.

New thread here: Two Red Hounds

Went by this evening, there was a help wanted sign in the window, so they must be getting close. I wouldn’t go with mid October, but Thanksgiving looks plausible