Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Nobel House

Quote Originally Posted by GESince1958 View Post
    The first restaurant around here that offers The Impossible Burger 2.0 will have me as a customer. Really want to try one of those.
    If you want to make your way up to Lake Forest . . . Impossible Burger awaits.

https://2486634c787a971a3554-d983ce5...0281f45713.pdf

FYI, I wasn't kidding. White Castle has Impossible Burgers, they make them on separate equipment.

Also serving in our area, Houlihan's (Wheaton), Warrens Ale House (Wheaton), Muscle Maker Grill (GE), Ellyn's (GE).

And I thought I read they are trying to sell them retail soon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    FYI, I wasn't kidding. White Castle has Impossible Burgers, they make them on separate equipment.

Also serving in our area, Houlihan's (Wheaton), Warrens Ale House (Wheaton), Muscle Maker Grill (GE), Ellyn's (GE).

And I thought I read they are trying to sell them retail soon too.
    They are everywhere . . . let me know how it goes.

https://impossiblefoods.com/locations

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Worth noting, Ellyn’s has Impossible Burgers too, never had one there
    I've had it at Ellyn's 2-3 times, very good. Was underwhelmed by the White Castle version.

Quote Originally Posted by GESince1958 View Post
    The first restaurant around here that offers The Impossible Burger 2.0 will have me as a customer. Really want to try one of those.
    GE, I was kidding about your review, it was great, thanks for taking the time. That, and I misread your followup, I read it that they had the IP 2.0, when I went online I didn't see it on either menu. That said, the menu looks great, looking forward to dining there soon. Hopefully they have a kids menu for Yoss.

Quote Originally Posted by NEBF View Post
    I've had it at Ellyn's 2-3 times, very good. Was underwhelmed by the White Castle version.
    I've only had one in LA on a recent trip, last visit to Ellyn's about a month ago they were out. These are a bit of hijacks, but I don't frequent Ellyn's much...I forgot how nice of a beer list they have...that said, I like beer lists I can walk to

GE, I was kidding about your review, it was great, thanks for taking the time. That, and I misread your followup, I read it that they had the IP 2.0, when I went online I didn't see it on either menu. That said, the menu looks great, looking forward to dining there soon. Hopefully they have a kids menu for Yoss.
    That includes Tater Tots

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    That includes Tater Tots
    And Cosmos

True dat, but Yoss has expanded his palet to more manly Whiskey drinks too.

With all the talk of burgers (I blame myself), maybe we need a separate best burgers thread?
    Last edited by GESince1958; 01-16-2019 at 11:21 PM.

I had one of the newest generation of an Impossible Burger 2.0 tonight at Houlihan's in Wheaton ($12). I didn't know what to expect, as my only other comparison goes back a couple years with a generic mostly bean-based "veggie burger" patty, which was not a good experience. Anyway, the IB 2.0 was fairly testy, but I could still tell it wasn't actual meat. It didn't "bleed" like a traditional burger does. Glad I skipped the IB 1.0 version. There is no option for "well done," or "medium well" or the like with these. I'd like to have a go at another restaurant to test the variability of preparations. They can only get better with this concept.

Burger King has found success in test markets so much so that it is rolling out nationwide...

http://time.com/5579687/burger-king-...urger-whopper/