Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: And at the Forum...

And at the Forum...

Forum Regular
    It's the happiest time the members of the D41 Parents Facebook could have....😜

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    After watching CNN for 10 minutes this is very welcome. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rath View Post
    It's the happiest time the members of the D41 Parents Facebook could have....��
    The D41 Facebook page is a trainwreck. If I were St Pets I'd link directly to it on their tuition page. "You might be paying Glen Ellyn taxes and private school tuition, but at least you don't have to deal with that sh*t show."

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    The D41 Facebook page is a trainwreck. If I were St Pets I'd link directly to it on their tuition page. "You might be paying Glen Ellyn taxes and private school tuition, but at least you don't have to deal with that sh*t show."
    I sent 4 kids through St. Pet's (19 years total) then onto GW. Let me assure you, ANY school has their share of garbage, be it admin, fellow parents, kids, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Ozog View Post
    I sent 4 kids through St. Pet's (19 years total) then onto GW. Let me assure you, ANY school has their share of garbage, be it admin, fellow parents, kids, etc.
    Fair enough. Do you think the reaction to Kevin Rath's post was over the top? https://www.facebook.com/groups/6306...7333915338832/

I used to be able to see the posts, but now it is closed to anyone not in their special group. Guess only certain non-d41 parents are allowed

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Fair enough. Do you think the reaction to Kevin Rath's post was over the top? https://www.facebook.com/groups/6306...7333915338832/
    Finally a reason to check in on Facebook. I took guilty pleasure in someone lighting up that Burket guy.
    Last edited by middlein87; 06-28-2017 at 03:46 PM.

I was just taken aback by the fact that a cat got beaten up for posting a link to a story about our superintendent interviewing for a job. Us anti-Trump kids, as any on that page are, are furious about the way the media are blocked from reporting this or that, but it's OK if it is perceived as a negative story about someone they like. Wouldn't say that I was lit up. In the end, as it should be, they all loved me. Even that one swear lady. Using the F bomb on a family thread. SAD!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    I was just taken aback by the fact that a cat got beaten up for posting a link to a story about our superintendent interviewing for a job. Us anti-Trump kids, as any on that page are, are furious about the way the media are blocked from reporting this or that, but it's OK if it is perceived as a negative story about someone they like. Wouldn't say that I was lit up. In the end, as it should be, they all loved me. Even that one swear lady. Using the F bomb on a family thread. SAD!
    That **** is not allowed at Glen Ellyn Schools Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Someone struck a defenseless animal? That IS inexcusable.

I stay out of that D41 Parents hornet's nest. I know the woman who swore at you (she moved, and was outed by that bizarre Dan Proft fake news site for getting an absentee ballot). And I seem to know many of the passionate combatants on both sides of several arguments. It's just not worth it. Too much frothy outrage on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenly Ellynby View Post
    Someone struck a defenseless animal? That IS inexcusable.

I stay out of that D41 Parents hornet's nest. I know the woman who swore at you (she moved, and was outed by that bizarre Dan Proft fake news site for getting an absentee ballot). And I seem to know many of the passionate combatants on both sides of several arguments. It's just not worth it. Too much frothy outrage on both sides.
    I hear she moved to SC, so we may become neighbors again. Given the night and the timing, guessing my rose thinking is accurate. I love the word frothy . . . that said, I have no skin in the D41 game. Wish them well, but I been out of there for years. BTW, if anyone has any empty nester advice, throw it my way.

How we got from grass growing to this. is amazing! FWIW, quit Facebook. I have no idea WTF anyone is talking about here.

Forum Regular
    I was defenseless, but I'm no animal...😆Did I expect that? Honestly, no...but for each post like that, there's two or three excellent posts from all walks of the community with good things to say. My opinion is, if you truly love the district then you accept all things, the bad with the good. We all have to work with people we don't like, but it's how you handle adversity and work together to overcome the issues that will define you.

I can't "control" what people want to say there...ultimately, that's up to them to decide. It's a Facebook Group, it is doing its purpose of bringing people together to discuss topics of interest. Nothing more, nothing less.