Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Illinois Governor race

Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    I will be more than happy to put one up insofar as she's running against Breen.
    Cannot help but agree with you. Again.

Because if there is one thing this State needs, it's more allies for Mike Madigan. :eyeroll:

Quote Originally Posted by middlein87 View Post
    Because if there is one thing this State needs, it's more allies for Mike Madigan. :eyeroll:
    You have an alternative solution?

The one being proposed by Proft and Breen and their cronies is worse in my opinion. Even worse than Rauner's - and that's saying something.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Yossarian's Avatar
    Emperor Madigan-"Good, good use your hatred of the GOP and your journey to the Democratic party will be complete"
    emp.jpg

You have an alternative solution?

The one being proposed by Proft and Breen and their cronies is worse in my opinion. Even worse than Rauner's - and that's saying something.
    Madigan single-handedly destroyed this state. Put it into an unrecoverable death spiral. And he's provided no solution to dig us out. He is the Trump of Illinois, just on the other side.

ETA: and I normally vote for Democrats. But not at the state level in this state.

Quote Originally Posted by Prefontaine View Post
    Madigan single-handedly destroyed this state. Put it into an unrecoverable death spiral. And he's provided no solution to dig us out. He is the Trump of Illinois, just on the other side.

ETA: and I normally vote for Democrats. But not at the state level in this state.
    You need to do some research and brush-up on your Springfield history. While there is no doubt that Madigan needs to go, immediately, and is complicit in the disastrous state of our State, the Republicans (ie, Thompson, Edgar, Philip, Ryan, Roskam, etc.) are equally complicit. They went along with this farce for decades as well....

So no, Madigan didn't "single-handedly" destroy anything...he had a lot of help from both side of the aisle.

So no, Madigan didn't "single-handedly" destroy anything...he had a lot of help from both side of the aisle.
    You are the lone person in this country whining about bipartisanship behavior.

You need to do some research and brush-up on your Springfield history. While there is no doubt that Madigan needs to go, immediately, and is complicit in the disastrous state of our State, the Republicans (ie, Thompson, Edgar, Philip, Ryan, Roskam, etc.) are equally complicit. They went along with this farce for decades as well....

I've done my research - I know the history (but I appreciate the condescension!). Only one guy has been there through it all...presiding over the worst collapse of a state in the history of this country. None of those people are even remotely "equally complicit".

I've done my research - I know the history ...... None of those people are even remotely "equally complicit".
    If that's your response you clearly you haven't done your research - or know the history. That said, feel free to continue to regurgitate Rauner's commercials - because that has helped a lot (even still, for disclosure and context, I likely will be voting for Rauner).

Clearly you haven't done your research. That said, feel free to continue to regurgitate Rauner's commercials - because that has helped a lot.
    Clearly I have (I can do this back-and-forth forever! This time I even added italics!). Rauner is a doofus, and not a great communicator, but at least he was trying to do something to pull us out of this.

We are in the state that we are in because of many players on both sides, going back many years. The number one culprit, for many many years is Madigan. His power is thru his control of the state House.

My state rep, Deb Conroy, is a former school board member from Elmhurst. She is an absolute puppet for Madigan. I am essentially not represented at this level of state govt. Madigan has controlled this process thru gerrymandering, the latest ridiculous map from 2010, that was drawn to seat Conroy.

Whoever would think that Costa Howard, a school board member that oversaw a teachers contract with 29% increases over 4 years, would be any different is wrong. If you don't like Breen( FWIW, I think he and his wife are nice people) I can tell you by listening to him at committee meetings, you are well represented. He is smart and very articulate.

Anyway, the best way to help this state turn around is to get a better balance between the parties in the House and Senate. Putting Costa Howard in office is a big step backwards, on all levels. ****

Rauner was trying to do something. He doesn't have the horses. Somewhere along the line, he either changed his priorities and/or put his liberal wife in charge. He turned his back on his core. Jeanne Ives will get my vote in March. In the primary, if you are Republican you need to vote and vote for her. Or plan your exit stategy, because this state will just get worse.
    Last edited by admin; 02-14-2018 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Don't go there

Clearly I have (I can do this back-and-forth forever! This time I even added italics!).
    I checked our records and it doesn't seem as though you have a premium membership. Not certain how you are able to use the italics function. Please email me your credit card information in order to continue using premium membership features . . . or suffer the indignity of plain text.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    I checked our records and it doesn't seem as though you have a premium membership. Not certain how you are able to use the italics function. Please email me your credit card information in order to continue using premium membership features . . . or suffer the indignity of plain text.
    I gave all my $$ to the IRS lady on the phone.

Can we get back to politics?
    yo
    Every action has its equal, opposite reaction
    Sandra Pihos shat the bed, I love the woman, but she’s in traction
    Poor Clamato, he is missing in action
    So now I’m facing (Peter Roskam) with his own faction
    He’s very attractive in the North, Lake Ellyners like his chances
    He’s not very forthcoming on any particular stances
    Ask him a question, it glances off, he obfuscates, he dances
    And they say I’m a Chicagophile, at least they know I know where Chicago is
    Terra that’s the problem, see, they see Breen as a less extreme you (ha)
    You need to change course, a key endorsement might redeem you
    Who did you have in mind?
    Don’t laugh
    Who is it?
    You used to work on the same staff
    (What?) it might be nice, it might be nice
    To get Clamato on your side
    It might be nice, it might be nice
    To get Clamato on your side
    Talk less
    Smile more
    Don’t let ‘em know what you’re against or what you’re for.
    Shake hands with him
    Charm her
    It’s two thousand eighteen, ladies, tell your husbands vote for Breen
    I don’t like Pihos
    Well, she’s gonna lose, that’s just defeatist
    And Howard
    In love with Chicago
    Yeah, she’s so elitist
    I like that Peter Breen
    I can’t believe we’re here with him
    He seems approachable?
    Like you could grab a beer with him
    Dear Mr. Clamato
    Your fellow Fed’ralists would like to know how you’ll be voting
    (It’s quiet uptown) dear Mr. Clamato
    Sandra Phios doesn’t stand a chance, so who are you promoting?
    (It’s quiet uptown) Howard or Breen, Howard or Breen? we know it’s lose-lose
    Howard or Breen? but if you had to choose
    Dear Mr. Clamato
    Sandra Phios doesn’t stand a chance, so who are you promoting?
    But if you had to choose
    Well, if it isn’t Peter Breen, sir?
    Clamato
    You’ve created quite a stir, sir
    I’m going door to door
    You’re openly campaigning?
    Sure
    That’s new
    Honestly, it’s kind of draining
    Breen
    Sir!
    Is there anything you wouldn’t do?
    No I’m chasing what I want, and you know what?
    What?
    I learned that from you
    If you had to choose
    If you had to choose
    It’s a tie
    If you had to choose
    If you had to choose
    It’s up to the delegates
    If you had to choose
    If you had to choose
    It’s up to Clamato
    If you had to choose
    If you had to choose (Breen or Howard)
    If you had to choose, choose (Breen or Howard?)
    Yo (oh!)
    The people are asking to hear my voice (oh!)
    For the country is facing a difficult choice (oh!)
    And if you were to ask me who I’d promote (oh!)
    _________________ has my vote.