Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: District 41

  1. #1

    District 41

    It seems as though there is a lot of negativity surrounding the school district lately-more specifically the superintendent Paul Gordon. I just wanted to post something that is a little more positive. We are all grown adults, we are mother's and father's, daughter's and sons. We are active community members of Glen Ellyn. But most importantly, we are all people. A great thing that Dr. Gordon has always said is "it's all about people and making that connection with others. Stop focusing on all the other crap and focus on the people. At the end of the day that's all you have." It blows my mind that people spend mindless hours on this site, so concerned with bashing Gordon and his efforts. What if someone had a blog post dedicated to bashing you everyday? How would you feel? All of us on here have learned how to properly treat everyone. It truly is more difficult to be mean than it is to be nice. That applies when you are five until you are fifty-five. During the board meeting Kurt made a middle school attempt of calling Gordon out about interviewing for the Jeffco job. Instead of just asking he teased and he mocked and he skewed around the question. Excuse me I forgot that board meetings were actually a middle school girl lunch table where everyone made discreet comments and was mean to one girl the entire period! My bad for forgetting that that was actually the purpose of a board meeting. It boils my blood to read some of these comments about how poor of a person and sup that Gordon is. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion and that is why, unlike some of you users, I am not here to bash your thoughts and your opinions about the actual school concerning things. I am here to stand up for someone that has been knocked one too many times and to remind everyone that we are all people, even Paul Gordon. For those of you who have gotten the opportunity to get to know Gordon you are truly blessed. He is one of the most genuine and caring people I have ever met. He is so humble and dedicated to his work. He would give anything to improve the education quality of his students. He loves his job and he is incredible at what he does. He has and will continue to do amazing things for the education system because he understands and knows how to treat other people. So all I am trying to say here is be nice and get off this site and actually do your jobs and stop criticizing him for doing his.

  2. #2
    Forum All Star GE Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Glen Ellyn
    Posts
    1,414
    Thanks for this. Agreed.

    My family has been exceedingly pleased with the support and attention that we have received in D41...and that compliment is intended to be given all the way from the bottom to the top of the ranks of actual D41 employees. I too am a bit sick and tired of our employees in D41 being the punching bags of a select few. I just hope they know it is only a select few.

  3. #3
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    Thanks for this. Agreed.

    My family has been exceedingly pleased with the support and attention that we have received in D41...and that compliment is intended to be given all the way from the bottom to the top of the ranks of actual D41 employees. I too am a bit sick and tired of our employees in D41 being the punching bags of a select few. I just hope they know it is only a select few.
    Plus 1...so far, my kids have achieved academic and development goals that far surpass their genetics. A huge reason for this is the community of teachers, administrators, and families that is District 41 and 87.

  4. #4
    I don't feel I am getting my money's worth. For what we pay I expect an exceptional school.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Progressive View Post
    I don't feel I am getting my money's worth. For what we pay I expect an exceptional school.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Progressive, perhaps you can attend a School Board Meeting and make suggestions to bring about exceptionality. Do you have anything in mind?

  6. #6

    District 41

    Hello. New to 41. From what I can tell, there’s a lot of infighting. Who are these people on Facebook telling me what to think with some made up 41 school board agenda analysis? District 41-411? At first I thought it was an agency of the district but now I realize it’s some[one] with too much time on her hands and a personal vendetta. I’ve lived in a few school districts but never seen anything like this. Doesn’t the board videotape meetings and don’t people watch or think for themselves?
    Last edited by admin; 12-08-2017 at 09:25 AM. Reason: namecalling removed; edited with [one]

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    Hello. New to 41. From what I can tell, thereís a lot of infighting. Who are these people on Facebook telling me what to think with some made up 41 school board agenda analysis? District 41-411? At first I thought it was an agency of the district but now I realize itís some *********** with too much time on her hands and a personal vendetta. Iíve lived in a few school districts but never seen anything like this. Doesnít the board videotape meetings and donít people watch or think for themselves?
    It's a nice touch that they make their "disclaimer" (for the community, by volunteers) on their headlines in as small a font as possible. Trying to pass it off as the real thing? #fakenews

    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8
    Administrator admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In the ether
    Posts
    593
    I've had to moderate (hide) a couple posts here that make accusations of direct link(s) between Board members and the writer(s?) of this D41/411 Facebook group/site/whatever. Unless you have actual proof of that, don't write that here. Better yet, take it to Facebook.

    The owner of that Facebook page may be bestest buddies with members of the school board, I have no idea. They may both have the same opinions about every issue before the Board, I have no idea. But none of that makes someone a mouthpiece of the other. So unless you have something beyond that, stop writing it. Or write it on Facebook where I don't have to care.

  9. #9
    Forum All Star ackerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,852
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I've had to moderate (hide) a couple posts here that make accusations of direct link(s) between Board members and the writer(s?) of this D41/411 Facebook group/site/whatever. Unless you have actual proof of that, don't write that here. Better yet, take it to Facebook.

    The owner of that Facebook page may be bestest buddies with members of the school board, I have no idea. They may both have the same opinions about every issue before the Board, I have no idea. But none of that makes someone a mouthpiece of the other. So unless you have something beyond that, stop writing it. Or write it on Facebook where I don't have to care.
    I'll make my points without the 41-411 name connection. Their page is reminiscent of Julie Worthen's tenure at D 41, where board meeting recaps were sanitized by her.

    I'll assume that since these 2 have spoken at Board meetings, as I have, that they can be mentioned here, as I have been. Jessica Buttimer has made it her practice to verbalize 'fake news' at board meetings. Specific examples would be accusing me of costing the district thousands of dollars and talking about violators (her opinion) of the board suggestions for PP. Reality is, she didn't back up her insinuation of me and can't. Violations are just in her mind.

    If anything, the one possible violation would be her amigo(a dual-language term?), Ms. Sury. Her off the rail diatribe a couple meetings ago that included a direct name calling of the board VP was very telling of her demeanor.

    If either of these two should consider running for 41 in the future, be wary.

    Speaking of the diatribe that occured, the 2 board members that have pointed at me in the past have been SILENT about her and her namecalling. That would be Bruno and Nelson. Their silence typifies what they stand for or maybe more accurately, what they don't stand for.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    Ms. Sury. Her off the rail diatribe a couple meetings ago that included a direct name calling of the board VP was very telling of her demeanor. If either of these two should consider running for 41 in the future, be wary.
    The most hypocritical, laughable post ever written here.

    #glasshouses

  11. #11
    Forum All Star ackerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    The most hypocritical, laughable post ever written here.

    #glasshouses
    #cutoutfrombehindyourgutlessscreennameopaquenessso thatwewillknowwhoissayingthissilliness

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    #cutoutfrombehindyourgutlessscreennameopaquenessso thatwewillknowwhoissayingthissilliness
    Or what, you'll call me a coward?

  13. #13
    Forum All Star ackerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,852
    #obvious

  14. #14

  15. #15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •