Thread: Larson 5-yr ext

Larson 5-yr ext

Glenbard District 87 superintendent signs 5-year extension (link) — Daily Herald

"The Glenbard High School District 87 school board has approved a five-year contract extension for Superintendent David Larson that will keep him at the helm through June 2022. Board members have given Larson high marks since he was hired five years ago to lead the four-school district. He had..."

Good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear.

I'll never forget the first time I met Dave. He had recently moved here and his older son was trying his hand at lacrosse. I was running drills at Biester and his son was throwing the ball off the wall. Someone introduced us and we spoke for a bit. After a couple of minutes has asked, "You're a trustee?" I replied that yes I was . . . pretty certain my chest was sticking out with civic pride. To which he responded, "Elected?" The only thing missing were the raised eyebrows. He had figured me out. Chest went back in and I said, "No. Appointed." And I walked back to start a new drill with the kids.

He bought the old Nagel house on Chidester and fixed it after it sat empty for nearly a decade. And I really like that house. So I give him a thumbs up for that.

Forum Regular
    Congrats to him on his extension and it is well deserved. The only thing is I wish he would take the time to learn the proper pronunciation of the students' names when he is recognizing them at events.