Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Larson 5-yr ext

Larson 5-yr ext

Glenbard District 87 superintendent signs 5-year extension (link) — Daily Herald

"The Glenbard High School District 87 school board has approved a five-year contract extension for Superintendent David Larson that will keep him at the helm through June 2022. Board members have given Larson high marks since he was hired five years ago to lead the four-school district. He had..."

Good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear.

I'll never forget the first time I met Dave. He had recently moved here and his older son was trying his hand at lacrosse. I was running drills at Biester and his son was throwing the ball off the wall. Someone introduced us and we spoke for a bit. After a couple of minutes has asked, "You're a trustee?" I replied that yes I was . . . pretty certain my chest was sticking out with civic pride. To which he responded, "Elected?" The only thing missing were the raised eyebrows. He had figured me out. Chest went back in and I said, "No. Appointed." And I walked back to start a new drill with the kids.

He bought the old Nagel house on Chidester and fixed it after it sat empty for nearly a decade. And I really like that house. So I give him a thumbs up for that.

Forum Regular
    Congrats to him on his extension and it is well deserved. The only thing is I wish he would take the time to learn the proper pronunciation of the students' names when he is recognizing them at events.

*deleted

I wonder if the DPJ is interested in local politicians taking out multiple mortgages and then defaulting on them along with years of unpaid real estate taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by GEman View Post
    I wonder if the DPJ is interested in local politicians taking out multiple mortgages and then defaulting on them along with years of unpaid real estate taxes?
    Weren't they already?

Still like this house. $2K a month in taxes would not be my cup of tea. Humble kid from Villa Park and all.

I just did some more research and re-familiarized myself on DuPage Policy Journal . . . . and while I kind of buy their story, I cannot promote anything that they write in any form or fashion. Anyway, a house worth close to $1.0MM in GE will have a $23K+ tax bill. That shouldn't be a surprise.

The DPJ is basically a conservative moutpiece with the inherent bias. But they are upfront about it (see below). You'll get feel-good stories about Republican representatives (that the DPJ likes), and hit pieces on everyone else. Sort of the reverse of most newspapers. Here's their "about" page.

ABOUT US

THIS PUBLICATION

We believe that local government works best when voters have ready access to public data about the use of their tax dollars: how much money is being spent; where it is being spent; how it is being spent.

DuPage Policy Journal exists to provide this reporting to the people of DuPage County. We continually review public data in DuPage County and Illinois and turn this data into stories of importance to taxpayers.

THE NEWS EXPERIENCE

From time to time, we will make our news experience interactive, allowing you to express your opinion on local issues, and, if you choose, providing you the opportunity to connect with local candidates who share your views.

THE CORE BELIEFS

We believe in limited government, in the constructive role of the free market and in the rights of citizens to choose the size and scope of their government and the role it should play in their society.

THE FUNDING

Funding for this news site is provided, in part, by advocacy groups who share our beliefs in limited government.

DuPage Policy Journal is a product of LGIS - Local Government Information Services
    The LGIS is a Dan Proft joint.

I wish other newspapers were this forthright.

Quote Originally Posted by middlein87 View Post
    The DPJ is basically a conservative moutpiece with the inherent bias. But they are upfront about it (see below). You'll get feel-good stories about Republican representatives (that the DPJ likes), and hit pieces on everyone else. Sort of the reverse of most newspapers. Here's their "about" page.

The LGIS is a Dan Proft joint.

I wish other newspapers were this forthright.
    This group is awful. These lunatics need to be voted out of office along with Madigan's stooges.

Fanatics, on either side, are bad...very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    This group is awful. These lunatics need to be voted out of office along with Madigan's stooges.

Fanatics, on either side, are bad...very bad.
    "On both sides . . . . on both sides."

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    I just did some more research and re-familiarized myself on DuPage Policy Journal . . . . and while I kind of buy their story, I cannot promote anything that they write in any form or fashion. Anyway, a house worth close to $1.0MM in GE will have a $23K+ tax bill. That shouldn't be a surprise.
    The other points in the article are a bit concerning. He apparently did a number of renovations but did not pull any permits. So the speculation is why not pull the permits? Did he not use a registered GE contractor? I believe they would have known they are required to pull permits. Was he not having them pulled so the assessor would not be aware of improvements?

Probably more common than you think. I wonder what the percentage of permit-required projects occur without them in GE.

If that house had four bedrooms, I'd think it was worth $900K+ The lack of the fourth bedroom makes me question the valuation.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Probably more common than you think. I wonder what the percentage of permit-required projects occur without them in GE.

If that house had four bedrooms, I'd think it was worth $900K+ The lack of the fourth bedroom makes me question the valuation.
    I walked through that house in 2009. I don't think much, if anything, was done to maintain that home from 2009 to 2014. I don't doubt the valuation.

It was neat - but certainly needed a ton of work.