Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 414202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Music

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Bry's Avatar
    I have listened to this song like 100 times since yesterday. The guitar solo and outro work is just one of the greatest guitar pieces I have ever heard. Daniele Gottardo playing Jason Becker's writing note for note with so much soul and passion. My god, it brings tears to my eyes. Wow. It may be cheese, it may not be your cup of tea, but it is written and played note for note not by himself, but his respected musician friends. Would love to hear Jason play it, but Daniele absolutely killed it. using Jason's ax, rack and peddles, and amps. Jason is alive through Danieles fingers.

His bio is pretty amazing, and the fact that he has "beaten" ALS for as long as he has is amazing as well. I'm listening to Xmas music 100 times a day, and mourning Roy Clark by YouTube bingeing Hee Haws...but that song is great, have to find that doc on him and watch.

I met him at the Aragon BRAWLroom back in, yikes, 1988 or 89 or something with Yngwie Malmsteen, Marty Friedman and Paul Gilbert. He was like a kid that was taking everything in and just happy to be there. He never took the guitar off him, it was like his security blanket. Extremely nice and funny. Did not fit in with metal heads. He playing was so so good and he could play it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    ...Aragon BRAWLroom...
    Heading there tonight...first cell phone free show for me, see what this "new" pouch thing is all about. (Looking for a good near-by eating hole...suggestions?)

Cool story.

Back in the 80's there was a local new wave/punk band called Skafish. Jim Skafish was the singer/leader of Skafish and is the cousin of WXRT's Bobby Skafish.

Fast forward to 2005 and Skafish Holiday comes out. It's an excellent 3 piece Jazz ensemble performing Christmas classics that can be found on Amazon. This album gets heavy play on Pandora's Jazz Holiday channel, definitely worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Skafish Holiday comes out. It's an excellent 3 piece Jazz ensemble performing Christmas classics that can be found on Amazon.
    Thanks, I'll give it a listen, found this...

http://skafishholiday.com

Aragon BRAWLroom...
    I always forget until I remember that that place in an oven...even in winter...must have been 100 degrees in there last night.

Good Xmas gift if you know anyone who needs or wants to lose 40 pounds, buy them tix to 4 Aragon shows.

OMG, there is so much good music that come out in the last 2 weeks, I don't know what to post.

Full Nothing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UypdPLYjQ6U

While She Sleeps - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH6tqXQNWUA

(At age 52, my musical taste is getting heavier and heavier by the month.)

Def Leppard doing Personal Jesus. I like it, but I was waiting and waiting for it to get heavy, but it just stayed consistant. Need to add a screaming solo in there me thinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YBC3ZVo7R0

Personal Jesus could be considered a Xmas song I guess! Working on my Xmas mix and came across this cover of 12 Days of Xmas called 179 Days of Xmas, if you need to kill 9 hours.

oh my.... 9 hours? I made it only to 9th day.

New Dream Theater single today. Looks like they are back to being Dream Theater again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gylxuO6dKOw

Have not seen Mike Mangini play the drums until this video. What a complete waist of motion with the symbols and other drums over his head. I am not a fan of his drumming and now I see why. Drop that **** down and stop with the "oh look at me my symbols are over my head, look at me look at me!" showmanship. Just play the drums. That is what Portnoy did, and that is why he is a legend and sadly missed in Dream Theater.

What a complete waist of motion with the symbols and other drums over his head. I am not a fan of his drumming and now I see why. Drop that **** down and stop with the "oh look at me my symbols are over my head, look at me look at me!" showmanship. Just play the drums. That is what Portnoy did, and that is why he is a legend and sadly missed in Dream Theater.
    You are confusing me... are you using "waist" and "symbols" with a deeper, insider meaning?...kind of like using capiTal letters?

I just watched this....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR3slKZrsI0

...and LMAO...Neil Peart dreams with a Spinal Tap set up!