Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 717232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump II

Banned

Forum Regular
    So glad that economic boom is helping all Americans! https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...all-businesses

Happy Independence Day

Banned
    Grateful, you forgot this Wash Times story..

"Quinnipiac also found that while nearly half of voters — 49 percent — say Mr. Trump is a racist ..."

FDR and LBJ were racist. Not sure precluded them from doing good things for the country.

6. Franklin Delano Roosevelt ~ 32nd President (1933-1945)

Eleanor Roosevelt’s storied life of activity on the civil rights front could not save her husband from making this list. Neither could the storied life of activity on the racist front of his uncle Theodore Roosevelt save him. FDR’s racism was even more impactful that his uncle, Teddy. President Roosevelt’s executive order in 1942 that ended up rounding up and forcing more than 100,000 Japanese Americans into prisons during World War II is arguably the most racist executive order in American history (He thankfully spared German and Italian Americans from the military prisons, but that showed his racism).

And while some of the White American competitors in the 1936 Berlin Olympics received invitations to the White House, Jesse Owens did not. President Roosevelt’s snub of the U.S. four-time gold medal winner came around the same time he was pushing through Congress all of the job benefits in his New Deal, like minimum wage, social security, unemployment insurance, and unionizing rights. Farmers and domestics—southern Blacks’ primary vocations—were excluded from the New Deal and federal relief was locally administered, satisfying southern segregationists. Northern segregationists were also satisfied by the housing discrimination in New Deal initiatives, like coding Black neighborhoods as unsuitable for the new mortgages. As such, Black communities remained buried in the Great Depression long after the 1930s while these New Deal policies (combined with the GI Bill) exploded the size of the White middle class.LBJ was a racist. What’s your point?

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/lyndon-jo...-rights-racism
    Last edited by Yossarian; 07-04-2018 at 09:28 AM.

Banned
    Yoss, so your gut reaction to the poll that half that country thinks Trump is a racist is "what's your point?" if the POTUS is a racist because it has not prevented him from doing "other good things"?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GEman View Post

"Quinnipiac also found that while nearly half of voters — 49 percent — say Mr. Trump is a racist ..."
    I don't deal in polls, just facts and the point here was that unemployment is as historic lows for minorities. That makes me happy.
    Haters gotta hate, cheer against great American outcomes of policy. God Bless America! Happy Independence Day!

I can’t stand Trump, but the economy is buzzing right along. I’m not a fan of the tariffs... I am a fan of the economy and unemployment rate. Also, the Trump Administration has moved back to the strict Buy American for federally funded projects and that is a very good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grateful View Post
    So glad that economic boom is helping all Americans! https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...all-businesses

Happy Independence Day
    Washington Examiner. Very, very level and unbiased journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by GEman View Post

I wonder if that same 49% think that Maxine Waters is one of Congress' leading legislators and not some fool hack that doesn't even live in her district.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Washington Examiner. Very, very level and unbiased journalism.
    Data was pulled from BLS:

In January, the black unemployment rate was 7.7 percent, but by May, it had dropped to 5.9 percent, the lowest unemployment rate recorded for African-Americans since the Bureau of Labor Statistics began to report such figures in 1972. This rate is made even more impressive considering that prior to President Trump's time in office, African-Americans had never experienced an unemployment rate below seven percent.

Hispanic and Asian unemployment rates are also at historic lows. Hispanic unemployment in 2018 is on pace to be the lowest annual average ever, and the unemployment rate for Asians has dropped by nearly a full percentage point, from 3 to 2.1 percent, since January. That rate is now sitting at its lowest point in BLS records, which date back to 2003.

Women are also enjoying groundbreaking economic gains. May’s 3.3 percent unemployment rate for women is lower than any rate recorded since 2000 and is on pace to be the lowest annual rate since 1953.

Anyone that would prefer Hillary to Trump, after all that has happened positively since Obama left, is the real 'idiot'. I give two ----- what protesters in the UK think.

Like Trump said, I'm getting sick of so much winning. Russia, North Korea, EU, NATO, health care, immigration, tariffs. Trump is a genius and I am so proud of him.

While this belongs in the Music thread because it's about songs and older songs, I'll put it here so the Moderator 1 can continue his nap.

Interesting that "Old" songs are topping the charts across the pond...

'American Idiot' stunt pits anti-Trump sentiment against soccer in England

"Green Day's "American Idiot" is climbing the UK chart ahead of President Donald Trump's visit there this week. An online campaign is pushing to get the song to No. 1 when he arrives, but first it has to get past one of the biggest-selling songs in British chart history -- a patriotic soccer (football?) anthem that has retaken charts just as England is set to play in its first World Cup semifinal since 1990 on Wednesday.

At the top of the midweek chart update is "Three Lions," which was written for the 1996 European Championship, which was held in England. The song has reached No. 1 before, in 1996 and 1998."

"Music consumers in the UK have used the charts to make a statement before. In 2009, Rage Against the Machine's "Killing in the Name" outsold a single from the latest "X Factor" winner in an upset for Christmas No. 1 (Rage Against the Machine's Zack de la Rocha told the BBC at the time that it was the toppling of a "very sterile pop monopoly"). And in 1977, ahead of Queen Elizabeth's Silver Jubilee, the Sex Pistols' controversial "God Save the Queen" reached No. 2 despite being banned by the BBC."

Banned

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class GESince1958's Avatar
    I can't post it because it isn't my photo, but there's a good photo from today at the NATO Summit where all the other leaders look to the left while only Trump looks to the right. The FAR right.