Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Trump II

I assume you are referring to Louis CK, yours and Obama's hero?

I haven't been posting lately but this subject pulled me in...not in response to either of the previous posts, although it may seem that way, not intended that way, just some thoughts on this subject.

These assaults are not partisan and shouldn't be viewed through such a lens...they are pervasive, sickening, offensive and in some cases criminal.

Fox News had Roger Ailes, Bill O'Reilly, Bill Shine, Charles Payne, Eric Bolling, NPR had their senior vice president for news, Michael Oreskes. So what, they are scum.

To name a few, because the list is long, Dems have Clinton, Anthony Weiner, Mel Reynolds and Eric Massa while the GOP have Denny Hastert, Mark Foley, Mark Souder and Schwarzenegger. So what, they are scum.

Louis CK, Roy Price, Roy Moore, Bill Cosby, Brett Ratner, Jeremy Piven, Kevin Spacey, Charlie Sheen, Mark Halperin, James Toback, Steven Seagal, Dustin Hoffman, Jeffrey Tambour, Harvey Weinstein...So what, they are scum.

I don't care who they voted for, who praised them, who they worked for or what party they belong to. What I do care about is that they messed up a lot of people, I care for the victims and I am glad to see every one of them exposed for who they REALLY are and what they've done.

I USED to love Louis CK, saw him twice...I USED to love Spacey since I saw Glengarry Glen Ross...So what, now they are scum.

Postscript: Just read Louis CK's statement in response...interesting, takes responsibility, doesn't change a thing for me...scum.
    Last edited by Cliché; 11-10-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Yossarian's Avatar
    Well said Cliche. Too much deflection on the real issue-sexual abuse and harassment.

I’m reminded of the movie “Swimming With Sharks”, starring Kevin Spacey. Seems the character he plays was not a stretch for him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    I haven't been posting lately but this subject pulled me in...not in response to either of the previous posts, although it may seem that way, not intended that way, just some thoughts on this subject.

These assaults are not partisan and shouldn't be viewed through such a lens...they are pervasive, sickening, offensive and in some cases criminal.

Fox News had Roger Ailes, Bill O'Reilly, Bill Shine, Charles Payne, Eric Bolling, NPR had their senior vice president for news, Michael Oreskes. So what, they are scum.

To name a few, because the list is long, Dems have Clinton, Anthony Weiner, Mel Reynolds and Eric Massa while the GOP have Denny Hastert, Mark Foley, Mark Souder and Schwarzenegger. So what, they are scum.

Louis CK, Roy Price, Roy Moore, Bill Cosby, Brett Ratner, Jeremy Piven, Kevin Spacey, Charlie Sheen, Mark Halperin, James Toback, Steven Seagal, Dustin Hoffman, Jeffrey Tambour, Harvey Weinstein...So what, they are scum.

I don't care who they voted for, who praised them, who they worked for or what party they belong to. What I do care about is that they messed up a lot of people, I care for the victims and I am glad to see every one of them exposed for who they REALLY are and what they've done.

I USED to love Louis CK, saw him twice...I USED to love Spacey since I saw Glengarry Glen Ross...So what, now they are scum.

Postscript: Just read Louis CK's statement in response...interesting, takes responsibility, doesn't change a thing for me...scum.
    Amen.

I will say that Bill Cosby really hurt. I loved that man. I listened to his comedy records when I was a kid and loved them. I watched him on Fat Albert, then Picture Pages, and then the Cosby Show, and felt like he was almost another father figure. I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in a celebrity's fall from grace.

I will also say that we, as a culture, need to re-examine the way we elevate people to celebrity or political status. You see this at every level--from community theater directors to high school football players to leaders of nations. We are frequently creating a culture of impunity around those we admire or those we place in power.

I'm not sure how to stop it, or if we can stop it. Perhaps some of it is ingrained in our human species. But I do think that we can start by holding on to a healthy amount of skepticism of those who are elevated and praised by large numbers of people. Use your brains. Be reasonable. And for God's sake, put down the People Magazine, turn off the Hollywood gossip shows, and turn off the idiot talking heads on cable news.

Rant over. I am just disgusted, and I know we can do better.

And in other news, POS Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III channels Peter Gabriel....

"Stop staring at me like a bird of prey
    I'm all mixed up, I got nothing to say
    I don't remember
    I don't remember
    I don't remember, I don't recall
    I got no memory of anything at all
    I got no memory of anything
    Anything at all
    I got no memory of anything at all
    I got no memory of anything
    Absolutely anything at all
    I don't remember"

Quote Originally Posted by Glenly Ellynby View Post
    I will say that Bill Cosby really hurt. I loved that man. I listened to his comedy records when I was a kid and loved them. I watched him on Fat Albert, then Picture Pages, and then the Cosby Show, and felt like he was almost another father figure. I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in a celebrity's fall from grace.
    My brothers and I must have listened to Cosby's Greatest Hits albulm (thanks Columbia Record club) over a thousand times...Oops, Hofstra...yep.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class GESince1958's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliche
    My brothers and I must have listened to Cosby's Greatest Hits albulm (thanks Columbia Record club) over a thousand times...Oops, Hofstra...yep.

...and what the heck do I do with the 5 Bill Cosby records I have, anyway? Sell them for pennies? Burn them? Hold on to them?