Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Trump II

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesoter View Post
    whataboutism.

I voted for Trump because he promised to reduce healthcare costs. He's failing at that.

Not sure why you're bringing up Obama's failures as a response to criticism about Trump.
    Thank you for that. I have always said the same. "My children and I are not criminals because . . . . Hillary."

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Yossarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Thank you for that. I have always said the same. "My children and I are not criminals because . . . . Hillary."
    Couldn't help but think of this scene from STRIPES

neverconvicted.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesoter View Post
    whataboutism.

I voted for Trump because he promised to reduce healthcare costs. He's failing at that.

Not sure why you're bringing up Obama's failures as a response to criticism about Trump.
    That's not entirely true. I didn't vote for him, but I was excited for the prospect of replacing the current health care law. He clearly failed on that front. However, he has made it easier on some by constructively abandoning the penalty for non-conforming plans, and changing short-term plans from 3 month terms to 12 month terms. Not ideal by any stretch, but it has allowed me to save just under $17,000.00 in premiums next year. That being said, I wish he kept his original promise.
    Last edited by isaac; 11-21-2017 at 03:06 PM.

you can pretty much blame John McCain and the other two repub senators who have blocked anything from passing....

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    you can pretty much blame John McCain and the other two repub senators who have blocked anything from passing....
    McCain & Company did the right thing, that bill was terrible for anyone in the ACA. I wasn't happy being forced into the ACA, but every single Republican "fix" would be much worse.

I've come to believe any Republican sponsored healthcare reform will be worse for those needing it. Their idea of reform is to help those that have great plans or can afford to self insure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    McCain & Company did the right thing, that bill was terrible for anyone in the ACA. I wasn't happy being forced into the ACA, but every single Republican "fix" would be much worse.

I've come to believe any Republican sponsored healthcare reform will be worse for those needing it. Their idea of reform is to help those that have great plans or can afford to self insure.
    I could not agree more. I wish that people could evaluate this as non-partisan issue and on its merits alone, and from the perspective of what the problems truly are...this is not the Democrats, Republicans, Romney, Obama or Trump. This is about a 25-year problem that is getting worse because of the insurance companies. Had ACA not been enacted, the situation would be worse right now. Had the recent GOP attempt been passed, it would be worse right now. Without any action, it will be worse in the near future. This is a 25-year old car that was given new parts (ACA), still runs like crap and is falling apart. And the GOP plan is to not put any gas or oil in it and run it into the ground.