Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Trump II

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Yossarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    Opened up my year end 401k statement. Up 20% for the year, thanks Trump! #MAGA
    But President Winfrey might give you a Pontiac!

Once his hand-picked AG takes away your weed money, your tax bill will look like the one you used to have in Illinois.

#MakeColoradoSuck

Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    Once his hand-picked AG takes away your weed money, your tax bill will look like the one you used to have in Illinois.

#MakeColoradoSuck
    Doubtful. Two reasons, 1, Trump came to Colorado and said it wouldn't happen. 2, even if it does repeal, Colorado has a Constitutional amendment capping taxes.

Colorado's TABOR amendment restricts revenues for all levels of government (state, local, and schools). Under TABOR, state and local governments cannot raise tax rates without voter approval and cannot spend revenues collected under existing tax rates if revenues grow faster than the rate of inflation and population growth, without voter approval.

If short-term gains are your judge of a great president, he is your man.

Will you be coming back here telling us what a moron he is when the market corrects? And if it doesn't correct, it will be the first time in my adult life and career that it hasn't.

Money gains aside, is this really your guy? Always curious about that.

The market has priced in the new corporate tax environment. That should be in place for some time. I'm always wary of a bubble burst with repeated high gains. However, I'm hopeful that it will be contained to the crypto currency market once folks finally come to the realization that they are buying something worth nothing .

Trump was never my choice, but when it comes down to Hillary vs Trump, no way I'm voting for her. For the first year, republicans have a conservative SC justice, tax reform, immigration reform, etc. I shudder to think of what SCJ Hillary would have put in place and Obama policies she would have doubled down on.

Okay, understood. I didn't vote for her, either. That said, now that all of these things are in place, he can peacefully pass in his sleep and you'd be OK, right?

We have to build that border wall first, though, right?