Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 129

Thread: Hijacking in Glen Ellyn IX

  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    To the driver of the white Lexus SUV with Iowa plates that dropped off in the middle of the roundabout with at least 8 cars around you...you're an idiot.
    Now now Cliche; this is one of the newer of the privileges of being a GEM!!!

  2. #92
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    To the driver of the white Lexus SUV with Iowa plates that dropped off in the middle of the roundabout with at least 8 cars around you...you're an idiot.
    We need a webcam on the roundabout. I witnessed this today and could not stop laughing. If I wasn't in a hurry, I would have hung out there all morning. Pure comedic gold that is.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #93
    Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Yossarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    837
    Einstein's staff-Always reminding me of the importance of listening skills.

  4. #94
    Administrator Clamato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,568
    Went to the new Mariano's in Lombard. I justified breaking my Lombard Boycott based on the thought that the new store will have a bar with beer and wine and you could walk around sipping a nice Cabernet while shopping . . . turns out that doesn't make the experience any more intriguing. It's further from my house, have to learn a new set up, and a much different demographic in Lombard vs. Wheaton means that there are no cases of San Pellegrino to buy.

    Boycott back on.

  5. #95
    Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    547
    What Clam you're not support GE Taxpayer subsidized Fresh Market . Of course with Amazon buying Whole Foods and cutting their prices I guess Fresh Market and those GE tax dollars will be gone. But GE is used to blowing its tax dollars on things. Like your new Police Station. I talked to an old neighbor and was trying to see how big it was. And he told me it was bigger than a Chicago District Station. You know where real crime occurs like murders, and armed robberies . Not Piggy bank thieves.

    Good of you Suburban residents helping to bailout CPS again. Good to see people in Chicago can keep their low property taxes. While yours will continue to go up.

  6. #96
    Administrator Clamato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    What Clam you're not support GE Taxpayer subsidized Fresh Market . Of course with Amazon buying Whole Foods and cutting their prices I guess Fresh Market and those GE tax dollars will be gone. But GE is used to blowing its tax dollars on things. Like your new Police Station. I talked to an old neighbor and was trying to see how big it was. And he told me it was bigger than a Chicago District Station. You know where real crime occurs like murders, and armed robberies . Not Piggy bank thieves.

    Good of you Suburban residents helping to bailout CPS again. Good to see people in Chicago can keep their low property taxes. While yours will continue to go up.
    Your writing skills are starting to male me think you were born and raised in the Carolinas!

    Have you had to explain to your kids what a bunch of ****ing losers they are for having grown up in GE???

    I am genuinely curious about what it is that people find so shocking about building a sub-$13MM police station (that is pretty God damned cheap) in 2017 after they had operated out of what was essentially an old band room for several decades. Policing isn't the way it was in the 60's in Mayberry, NC. Is it really that stunning for a community to move one of its most essential operations into the 21st century? What's next, let our parks maintain themselves? Why did we even spend a dime renovating Lake Ellyn Park? Oh, yeah, that's right . . . assets like that are why the majority of us moved here. Thrived here. Love being here.

    Illinois is a mess. No one will disagree with you. But you continue to sound like someone who came in friendless . . . and left the exact same way. Hope you're working on your social skills down there because I know first hand that you will need them more than you did up here. Your neighbors, in the grand Southern social tradition, will smile to your face . . . . while resenting your presence and lack of religion. I have a lot of experience in the region.

  7. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    What Clam you're not support GE Taxpayer subsidized Fresh Market . Of course with Amazon buying Whole Foods and cutting their prices I guess Fresh Market and those GE tax dollars will be gone. But GE is used to blowing its tax dollars on things. .
    Awesome how North Carolina doesn't provide any incentives with taxpayer dollars....

    SEPTEMBER 1, 2017
    "Sampson County Board of Commissioners chairman Clark Wooten presented the $180,000 check to Steven Ceccarelli, president of Farm Fresh Produce, thanking him for the company’s expansion locally. “The state of North Carolina and Sampson County are pleased to support Farm Fresh Produce as they grow in Sampson County,” Wooten shared. “This is a great example of how the state and county work together to support the development and expansion of a private agriculture enterprise as it grows jobs and adds to investment within Sampson County.”

    http://www.clintonnc.com/news/22964/...wth-recognized

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    What Clam you're not support GE Taxpayer subsidized Fresh Market . Of course with Amazon buying Whole Foods and cutting their prices I guess Fresh Market and those GE tax dollars will be gone. But GE is used to blowing its tax dollars on things. Like your new Police Station. .
    Oops...

    Oct 11, 2016
    $6.4M a job for Apple in Maiden, North Carolina: New data center report questions economic value of incentives, tax rebates, law changes

    https://www.bizjournals.com/charlott...ta-center.html

    "The $1 billion Apple Inc. data center in Maiden gets the dubious prize of having the largest per-job incentive package at $6.4 million for each employee.

    That $1 billion Apple data center had the largest incentive package when calculated by the number of jobs the project brought to town. It was a whopping $6.4 million for each job. The Maiden project, which was completed in 2009, brought 50 permanent jobs to Catawba County at the cost of a total of $321 million in incentives and rebates.

    “This guarantees taxpayers will never break even: that is, the average Apple worker will never pay $6.4 million more in state and local taxes than public services she and her dependents consume,” the report states."

  9. #99
    Forum Hall of Famer Cliché's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    But you continue to sound like someone who came in friendless . . . and left the exact same way.


    BINGO.jpg

  10. #100
    Forum Regular GEman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Policing isn't the way it was in the 60's in Mayberry, NC.

  11. #101
    Administrator Clamato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,568
    I'm thinking that cop committed a crime there. While the law was changed a decade earlier, ignorance of the law is no excuse.

  12. #102
    Forum Hall of Famer Cliché's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    I'm thinking that cop committed a crime there. While the law was changed a decade earlier, ignorance of the law is no excuse.
    If you watch the whole video, she is holding the law in written form and reads it to him...hope he gets fired

  13. #103
    Forum Regular GEman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    418
    Cop as bully. Especially male cop bullying female.
    Other male cops stand around watching and provide assistance.

  14. #104
    Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    547
    Nope have plenty of friends here and there. As usual your ignorance and prejudice about any area outside of GE is pretty consistent. If you have so much experience Clam then you would know that North Carolina has seen tremendous growth from people migrating from other states. So no my presence or the presence of other northerners is not resented. Since well there are so many of us.

    Like you said Illinois is a mess and its getting to be a bigger mess every year. Building a 13M police station giving money to a 2nd rate grocery store all are part of the mindset that makes Illinois a mess. But keep subsidizing everyone there. CPS, D41 administrators , the politicians the politically connected business men. Sorry you're so bitter about not being able to leave. Maybe you tried to leave at one point in your life but when people saw your attitude and took an immediate dislike to it you figured you would stay put. After all Clam misery loves company.

    One of my friends from GE just moved to Iowa. And another who bought their house in GE back in 2007. Will sell making only 60,000 on a price of 560K so in ten years they will have paid twice in property taxes than they made in gains on the house.

  15. #105
    Administrator Clamato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Nope have plenty of friends here and there. As usual your ignorance and prejudice about any area outside of GE is pretty consistent. If you have so much experience Clam then you would know that North Carolina has seen tremendous growth from people migrating from other states. So no my presence or the presence of other northerners is not resented. Since well there are so many of us.

    Like you said Illinois is a mess and its getting to be a bigger mess every year. Building a 13M police station giving money to a 2nd rate grocery store all are part of the mindset that makes Illinois a mess. But keep subsidizing everyone there. CPS, D41 administrators , the politicians the politically connected business men. Sorry you're so bitter about not being able to leave. Maybe you tried to leave at one point in your life but when people saw your attitude and took an immediate dislike to it you figured you would stay put. After all Clam misery loves company.

    One of my friends from GE just moved to Iowa. And another who bought their house in GE back in 2007. Will sell making only 60,000 on a price of 560K so in ten years they will have paid twice in property taxes than they made in gains on the house.
    I'm bitter? C'mon now. You keep coming back to rub our collective noses in the **** that you raised your kids in . . . and I am not certain why that would occur. Something happened to you here. You just ain't lettin' on. And I respect that. Though you do make it sound as if the state of North Carolina is now paying you to live there. And I guess that is nice.

    Whether you like it or not, NC has issues. You're just in the honeymoon phase. I know that SC has problems, but I am still looking for a house there. The moment you'll find heavenly nirvana is in death.

    For a kid who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, I have made a killing in Chicago. Not bragging, just pointing out fact. Wondering if I could have done the same in another market.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •