Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hijacking in Glen Ellyn IX

Hijacking in Glen Ellyn IX

Hijack away!

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class GESince1958's Avatar
    I'm hijacking this entire forum right here, and right now. There. You dared me, and I gone and did it.

Forum Regular
    I think a string of posts with your fine photography would make for a solid hijacking of this forum. Like this for instance. 2 weeks ago at Fallingwater on spring break. (yes, this is where my 8 year old son wanted to go)

fw.jpg
    Last edited by Bry; 04-14-2017 at 09:14 AM.

Forum Regular
    Or maybe a couple of the Chicago Fire game last Saturday staring Bastian Schweinsteiger and the Fire goalie punching out a ball and then a teammates head ...

fire.jpg
    fire-2.jpg

Forum Regular
    Or Lord Palumbo's car at Kentuck Knob

fire-3.jpg

Forum Regular
    Or a photo of the incredibly emotional and beautiful Flight 93 9/11 Memorial.

93.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Or a photo of the incredibly emotional and beautiful Flight 93 9/11 Memorial.

93.jpg
    Bry, nice Fallingwater and 93 shots...took a group whitewater rafting at Ohiopyle 4 years ago, hit the memorial and Fallingwater. I've only been there once...is that perspective from the actual crash site where you are standing??? I thought that was off limits to visitors? Just curious.

(post note: just went online and looked, that area wasn't developed for visitors when we visited...very nice Park, we went as it was still in progress)

(post post note: Wow, that Park changed, have to go back...Visitor Center wasn't even there when we went last)
    Last edited by Cliché; 04-14-2017 at 12:40 PM.

Forum Regular
    Yes, they finished everything in late 2015 I believe. Photo is from the visitor shelter just south of crash site. There is a wall at the crash site with names on it that lines up with the museum building in the exact line of the flight path. A must visit. We ran into a woman that was a mile away and saw the crash. Very emotional. It is a wonderful tribute to the fallen.

Forum Regular
    Anyone know who the Ackerman Piper is?

Haven't seen him, but, I've heard him a bunch in the last few weeks. It gets a lot louder when he plays up on the Great Western. I figure he's practicing for a parade.

At least he's not out there at 6AM like the polka group some years ago.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class GESince1958's Avatar
    I think a string of posts with your fine photography would make for a solid hijacking of this forum...
    Yes, thanks, Bry. So if this is to be a picture hijack thread, I think I could oblige with something. But where to start?

Street Angel, near Oak Street Beach.

Golden Dome, Notre Dame University, infrared.

And another of a local college. Blanchard Hall, infrared.
    Last edited by GESince1958; 04-15-2017 at 10:35 PM.

A guy used to practice at Panfish Park at night. If you ever want to freak out a bunch of Firefighters, play Amazing Grace on the bagpipes in the dark behind the fire station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recognize that piper. He's a student with the pipe and drum band I play in. (www.tunesofglory.org)

The band marches in the GE Independence Day parade every year. We're looking for new members - both pipers and drummers!
    Sent from my Radio Shack Color Computer via Prodigy dial-up.

Anyone know where that hill is at Ackerman? Is that new?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Edw. Estes View Post
    I recognize that piper. He's a student with the pipe and drum band I play in. (www.tunesofglory.org)

The band marches in the GE Independence Day parade every year. We're looking for new members - both pipers and drummers!
    Would you tell him that he needs to play more during the soccer games? It is a great backdrop while watching the games. So fitting. Love it if he stood on a sideline and just play for an entire half.

I have a running text string with a few people about the elusive Glen Ellyn Piper and how he appears like the Loch Ness monster during soccer games. Added the "Hill" and slight blur (helped by cropping a shot from way too far away with just a 200mm f2.8) for a more elusive effect. Better?