GESince58, love the infrared! Do you have a converted body or is that post processed? Saw a converted 30d at Fred Miranda a while ago and was going to give it a go, but someone bought it before me. Cool stuff!
I used to be part of a group of artists that would leave free art at random spots. Photos, sculptures, paintings, whatever. Fun times. I was driving around and saw that someone tagged the Taylor Ave. underpass with a tree stencil. I took a photo of it and framed a few of them along with a photo of water coming out of a hose. Don't know how long it sat out there, but someone took it and emailed me with a two word email: "Awesome! Thanks!" (blurry photo ahead, heard another photographer in GE was known for his blurry shots, so I am just copying his style).
Last edited by Bry; 04-20-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Continuing the hijack.
Funny! Intentional, no doubt. Interested in knowing who the G.E. Blur Photographer is, though. In the meantime, I have some of those....heard another photographer in GE was known for his blurry shots, so I am just copying his style...
Acadia Trees, Intentional Blur
Lake Tahoe Bird, Intentional Blur
If you want to view some supremely fantastic blur shots, check out this photographer from Slovenia, Milan Malovrh. Specializing in cycling and horses, mostly.
Some of his work can be seen here: https://1x.com/member/2919
Then go to 1x's front page for general photographic inspiration (some images NSFW).
Last edited by GESince1958; 04-21-2017 at 02:43 AM.
I won't say who it is online, but will tell ya a funny story if I see ya around town or at the tour of Lake Ellyn.
To the adult riding his bicycle on the sidewalk going North on Glenwood across Hill this afternoon about 3:30:
1. Sidewalks are for walkers and kids on bikes. You're a full fledged adult now, you should be riding on the street.
2. More importantly... When you decided to cross Hill in front of cross traffic, that was bad. The fact that there was a kid on a bike next to you who thought if an adult did it, it must be okay and followed you, that makes you a moron. You never even looked back, that kid nearly got hit by a car. I actually thought you were an incredibly bad parent, but then I saw the kid go East on Hill while you went straight on the sidewalk down Glenwood, that's how you got promoted to Moron.
Umbrella clamp at local store: $29.95 plus GE tax. Same exact clamp at Amazon: $9.99 with free 2 day shipping. What would you do?
I won't disagree with #2 (of course), and I'm not sure about any local ordinance here in Glen Ellyn that might very well prohibit bike riding on sidewalks. But, please, go re-read Jesse White's Illinois rules of the road for bicycles...
Riding on Sidewalks
• When walking or riding your bicycle on a sidewalk or along a crosswalk, you mustobey all pedestrian signs and signals.
• Bicyclists must yield the right of way to pedestrians on sidewalks or crosswalks. Slowdown and go around them when possible.
• When approaching a pedestrian from behind, slow down and give an audible signal toalert him/her of your presence before passing them.
Don't forget the test at the end:
Sidewalks, when used in accordance with applicable local ordinance, can be safe, proper and appropriate alternatives to riding in the street.4. When approaching a pedestrian on a sidewalk, a bicyclist:
a. must give an audible signal and go around the pedestrian.
b. shout loudly to the pedestrian and tell them to move over.
I ride with my 8 year old all the time and I do not want him anywhere near these 22 foot wide roads with the texting and drinking and the not paying attention and what not. I ride with him and we will always move over for pedestrians and follow the rules of the road for bicycles.
I do not want to give out the name of the business. I wanted to support a local business, but with that kind of markup, it is kinda hard.