Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Hijacking in Glen Ellyn IX

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class GESince1958's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    "Jailbreaking your iPhone is like running through a factory in shorts and a tight tank top with a very large sledge hammer and throwing it into the talking heads screen."
    I'm thinking up a word picture for that one. Can I quote you on this in all the other forums and social media I frequent?

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Bry's Avatar

If our government could work 1/100th as efficient as those rescue workers that saved those 12 children and 1 adult, this country would be on the way back to healing. People from around the world putting their differences aside and saved 13 humans. Maybe our politicians watched this and learned that as a team, you can get things done...

Nah, I cannot even believe I said that. That was pretty funny. HAH!

If our government could work 1/100th as efficient as those rescue workers that saved those 12 children and 1 adult, this country would be on the way back to healing. People from around the world putting their differences aside and saved 13 humans. Maybe our politicians watched this and learned that as a team, you can get things done...

Nah, I cannot even believe I said that. That was pretty funny. HAH!
    We have 3,000 kids trapped in this country right now and the government and President have no clue on how to fix the problem they created. My best...Trump's next plan will be to contact the Thai divers to help with the child internment problems here.

Since Glen Ellyn refused to consider my idea for a human catapult to cross the UP tracks instead of building an expensive underpass, perhaps the Feds will consider it for deportations.

And to think that ad only ran once. That was easily one of the most powerful ads I ever saw, in its place and in its time.

And yet, now, it's unquestionably Apple on that screen. Nothing is more conformist, corporate and big-brother, top down controlling than Apple Corp.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    This is America.

so Cliche, if I have my kids with me when I rob the Chase bank on Roosevelt and I get caught, would you prefer GEPD's finest keep my kids in the same jail cell with me along with the other folks arrested that day?

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    so Cliche, if I have my kids with me when I rob the Chase bank on Roosevelt and I get caught, would you prefer GEPD's finest keep my kids in the same jail cell with me along with the other folks arrested that day?
    Asylum isn't illegal.

I'm not clear on when they are asking for asylum. Are they crossing the border into the US, they surrendering to ICE or Immigration requesting asylum or are they getting caught, arrested then requesting asylum?

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I'm not clear on when they are asking for asylum. Are they crossing the border into the US, they surrendering to ICE or Immigration requesting asylum or are they getting caught, arrested then requesting asylum?
    It's all of the above and more. That and the legal points of entry are being slowed down by the administration, blah blah blah. Complicated situation yes, illegal immigration is a real problem, but the glossing over of facts, cherry picking (who do we think picks the cherries anyway*) and such doesn't solve anything.

Some GOP get it...
    https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...d-farmworkers/

Not saying I agree or disagree with this article, but sets SOME of the context and difficulties...
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...asylum-illegal

Another...
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/11/polit...rts/index.html

Asylum isn't illegal.

Asylum? These were economic migrants held for breaking the law.

The kids were left in custody of the state after their parents were arrested. Same thing happens in Glen Ellyn when a mom is arrested - no one here ever demands that the children also get brought to jail as well.

Perhaps if a large and wealthy organization can concentrate a large number of arrests in a small space while shipping in media we could change that here and DuPage County Jail would then house children with their parents while awaiting their first hearings.
    Last edited by jombl; 07-11-2018 at 11:12 AM.

The separating of kids from their families not something I agree with, it doesn't address illegal immigration and creates a whole new layer of issues.

I've wondered why they choose the United States and not Costa Rica or Panama? Panama has lots of construction work throughout the country, so you have jobs, a good economy, low crime, a stable government and they speak Spanish.

Asylum isn't illegal.
    Sneaking across the border avoiding a legal entry point is illegal.