Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackhawks

Blackhawks

Really are my favorite sports franchise of all time. Watching this was very, very cool. Eddie was the best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIgEerC9kno

Forum Demi-god
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Really are my favorite sports franchise of all time. Watching this was very, very cool. Eddie was the best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIgEerC9kno
    Agree, McDonough and Wirtz have done a masterful job. Didn't know what to think about the "One More Shift" at first, then was at the game when Savard had his "One More Shift," awesome...and to hear Savard and Roenick talk about it afterwards, it was special to them.

Forum Demi-god
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHAT IS HAPPENING????

The Chicago Blackhawks traded veteran defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson to the Arizona Coyotes on Friday in exchange for defensemen Connor Murphy and Laurent Dauphin.

The Chicago Blackhawks traded Artemi Panarin and Tyler Motte to Columbus for Brandon Saad and goaltender Anton Forsberg.

Hossa out for next season and probably forever.

TVR gone through expansion.

Darling gone.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    In Stan we trust. Calm down. Everything will be fine.

Forum Demi-god
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    In Stan we trust. Calm down. Everything will be fine.
    I'm making it through the afternoon with some Nose Tork Smelling Salts and a Maize + Mash Old Fashioned...

Forum Demi-god
    Blackhawks Training festival this Saturday at 11am, intersquad scrimmage, first 10K get Kaner bobbleheads, free parking, fun fair and stuff for kids prior to outside...cheap way to give young kids a game experience...I may have a number of free tix, PM me for wait list and I'll do my best. Last year a couple of Forumers took me up on it, enjoyed the morning with their kids.

Forum Demi-god
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Blackhawks Training festival this Saturday at 11am, intersquad scrimmage, first 10K get Kaner bobbleheads, free parking, fun fair and stuff for kids prior to outside...cheap way to give young kids a game experience...I may have a number of free tix, PM me for wait list and I'll do my best. Last year a couple of Forumers took me up on it, enjoyed the morning with their kids.
    I still have 8 free tix for Saturday...I will be donating them to an organization by 5pm, let me know if you are interested via PM.

I still have 8 free tix for Saturday...I will be donating them to an organization by 5pm, let me know if you are interested via PM.
    Next time Cliche posts about this, y'all listen. This event was a total blast on Saturday. Fun way to get "up close and personal" with the cold-steel-on-icers and everyone involved was in a good mood!

Forum Demi-god
    The Chicago Blackhawks have relieved Joel Quenneville of his coaching duties and have named Jeremy Colliton the 38th head coach in franchise history.

The Chicago Blackhawks have relieved Joel Quenneville of his coaching duties and have named Jeremy Colliton the 38th head coach in franchise history.
    Strange to do this so early in the season, no? Especially for the winningest coach in Blackhawks history.

Forum Demi-god
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnesoter View Post
    Strange to do this so early in the season, no? Especially for the winningest coach in Blackhawks history.
    Agree...they are going into a 17 day 9 game stretch...if they stumble the season could be over...so maybe it was that view. Last 5 games have been brutal to watch...they are good for 40 minutes tops...it was a good run, but it is over.

distracting Hawks fans to be so upset, they forget to vote?
    Last edited by Bry; 11-06-2018 at 08:50 AM.

Quenneville's release was mainly due to the salary cap. The last few years, it has been a struggle for the Hawks to keep all that talent. I think they are out of their minds, but every time we say that about the Hawks, they win another Cup. It is also a sign that this year is pretty much over. The rebuild begins. I would not be surprises to see either Kane of Toews traded soon. He was one of the best coaches to coach in Chicago for all sports teams. Bummer.

it was a good run, but it is over.
    Tough to be a deep competitive team when you have 4 guys accounting for 40% of the payroll. Throw in Saad and Crawford, and that's 6 guys eating up 57% of the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    I would not be surprises to see either Kane of Toews traded soon.
    Both are making $10.5m/year and both have No-Movement Clauses.

That's going to be a tall order to find the right trade partner.