Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Glen Ellyn Backyard BBQ Contest

2017 Glen Ellyn Backyard BBQ Contest

The Glen Ellyn Backyard BBQ, scheduled for Saturday, September 9th, 2017, is now accepting applications for BBQ Contestants. Please see the entry form at this link to our website.

Last year, we had a surprise added award - The Glen Ellyn Cup. This is a traveling award that goes to the highest scoring BBQ team that is from Glen Ellyn. The inaugural winner was Chris Goebbert of team "Spork". Winners names will be added to the base of the trophy each year. Who will be the best BBQ-er in Glen Ellyn this year? You? Only one way to prove it.

Slots tend to fill up fast. So get your entry form and fill it out today.

The Glen Ellyn Backyard BBQ is a fundraiser to benefit Bridge Communities – a non-profit organization that is committed to transforming the lives of homeless families through partnering with talented, resourceful individuals and groups in our community to provide housing, mentoring and empowerment to families, moving them towards a goal of self sufficiency.

See our website at
    http://www.glenellynbackyardbbq.org

The winner of the first ever Glen Ellyn Cup, Chris Goebbert of Spork, with trophy creator Geoff Bevington (left) and Bridge Communities, Inc. CEO John Hayner (right).

The Competition is now half full. Or half empty, depending on your point of view................

We have 10 Glen Ellyn based teams out of the 30 that are signed up.

Do you think you can beat them and claim the Glen Ellyn Cup? Yes? Then download the entry form and prove it.

Here is the link.

We only have about 15 competitor spots left for the Glen Ellyn Backyard BBQ! We are up to 17 Glen Ellyn-based teams. Download the entry form and start smoking!

Can people actually taste the BBQ? We went the first year but haven't been able to go the last few so unsure how it works now. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by QBOne View Post
    Can people actually taste the BBQ? We went the first year but haven't been able to go the last few so unsure how it works now. Thanks!
    The event will have food vendors selling food to the general public and some will be selling BBQ, some will be selling other fare. I'm not sure which vendors have signed the contracts, otherwise I'd call them out by name.

But anyway, if you are asking about the competitors then I must say no. It's not my rule. Per DuPage County Health Department, competitors are prohibited from giving food to the public, as it is against health codes. All food served to the public has to be prepared by an entity permitted to do so, etc. etc. etc. The only thing the public can taste is the sauce from contestants that are vying for the People's Choice Sauce award. And that is because you buy tokens to vote with and have become a "judge" in the contest.

Will there be a 2017 category for best well-done steak with ketchup, ya know, with a President's Award to the viktor?

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Will there be a 2017 category for best well-done steak with ketchup, ya know, with a President's Award to the viktor?
    Will Bob, Dan, Jeff, Pete, and Sam hand out the award?

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    No, no, next question.

Quote Originally Posted by GEman View Post
    Will Bob, Dan, Jeff, Pete, and Sam hand out the award?
    I'm sure they might if Herbold prints out the certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    I'm sure they might if Herbold prints out the certificate.
    PM me your cc info and I would be happy to. Better check your balance first and make sure Ackerman can't FOIA the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Herbold View Post
    PM me your cc info and I would be happy to. Better check your balance first and make sure Ackerman can't FOIA the info.
    Rob, Thank you for your actual support of the GEBBQ over the last 5 years!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    Rob, Thank you for your actual support of the GEBBQ over the last 5 years!
    Love to do it. Great cause....Great people!

Only 10(!) spots left for the Glen Ellyn Backyard BBQ competition. Better get in fast. In addition to trophies for Best Ribs, Best Dish, Best Chicken, Best Sauce, and Grand Champion, 20 of our current 50 teams are Glen Ellyn-based and will be competing for the Glen Ellyn Cup bragging rights.

Here is the registration link!

We are down to only 4 spots left for the BBQ Contest. Register today! We are at 23 Glen Ellyn based teams!

Only 2 spots left, people. Get your application in today!